Here is a full guide to fix Microsoft Teams error codes 6 and 42b on Windows 11/10. Microsoft Teams errors are common as users keep running into one or another error code. Two of such error codes include error code 6 and error code 42b. These errors prevent you from accessing your Microsoft Teams account. Let us discuss these error codes in detail now.
What is error code 6 on Microsoft Teams?
The error code 6 on Microsoft Teams is a sign-in error that prevents you from logging into your Teams account. Although the reasons behind this error code are not clear, we have got some fixes for you that reportedly worked for many users to resolve the error. Let us find out the solutions now.
How to Fix Microsoft Teams error code 6
Here are the methods that you can try to resolve the error code 6 on Microsoft Teams:
- Try general fixes.
- Disable proxy settings.
- Check Microsoft Teams permission settings.
- Clear Microsoft Teams cache.
- Clean install Microsoft Teams.
1] Try general fixes
At first, you can try some general fixes to resolve error code 6 on MS Teams. Sometimes there are some temporary glitches causing the error. Here are the general tricks that you can use to fix it up:
- Try restarting your Microsoft Teams app and see if the issue is fixed.
- Sign out of your account and then sign in back and check whether or not the error code is fixed.
- Check the service status of Microsoft Teams and if it is down, you need to wait for the issue to resolve from Microsoft’s side.
If you tried the above solutions and none worked for you, you need to try some additional troubleshooting methods to resolve the issue. So, in that case, try the next fix.
2] Disable proxy settings
If you are using a proxy service, you might experience this error code. So, try disabling proxy settings on your PC and then check if the issue is resolved or not. To do that, simply follow the below steps:
- Firstly, right-click on the WiFi icon from the taskbar.
- Now, select the Open Network & Internet settings option.
- Next, move down to the Proxy tab.
- Then, disable the Automatic Proxy setup option.
- After that, turn off the Manual proxy setup option.
Restart Microsoft Teams and see if the error code 6 is resolved. If not, try some other method from this guide.
3] Check Microsoft Teams permission settings
You can also check and modify Microsoft Teams permission settings to counter this error. But. do note that only users with an enterprise license (E1/E3/E5) can try this fix. Here are the steps to check and modify Microsoft Teams permission settings:
- First, sign in to the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- Now, expand Teams’ apps from the left panel.
- Next, select the Manage Apps option.
- After that, press the ‘Org-wide settings’ option from the right panel.
- Then, make sure the permissions for all third-party apps are turned on from the right-hand side panel. If not, enable them.
See if error code 6 on Microsoft Teams is resolved.
4] Clear Microsoft Teams cache
You can also try clearing up Microsoft Teams cache to fix this error. As a lot of sign-in and other errors are caused due to bad Teams cache, it is recommended to wipe off the cache and then see if the issue is resolved. Here are the steps to delete Microsoft Teams cache:
- Firstly, press the Windows + R hotkey to open up the Run dialog box.
- Now, enter the following command in the Open field: %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.
- Next, you will see various folders. Simply delete the files from the Cache, tmp, and GPUCache folders.
Restart your PC and then relaunch Microsoft Teams and see if the issue is fixed or not.
5] Clean install Microsoft Teams
If you are unable to fix this error even after trying all the above methods, you might need to clean install Microsoft Teams on your PC. If the error is occurring due to faulty installation files, this should fix the problem. Here are the steps to follow to perform a clean Microsoft Teams installation:
- Firstly, completely close Microsoft Teams and related processes using Task Manager.
- Now, open the Run dialog box using Windows + R key and then enter the %appdata%\Microsoft\ command in it.
- Next, locate the Teams folder and simply delete this folder.
- After that, you need to uninstall the Microsoft Team app from your PC using the Settings app, Control Panel, or a third-party uninstaller program.
- Then, reboot your PC.
- Now, simply download the installer for Microsoft Teams from the official website, run the installer, and follow the onscreen instructions to install Teams on PC.
- Launch the Microsoft Teams app, log in to your account, and hopefully, the issue will be fixed now.
What is error code 42b on Microsoft Teams?
The error code 42b is another error code experienced by Microsoft Teams users. It is basically a sign-in error code on Teams that prevents you to log into your MS Teams account. When triggered, it displays the following error message:
We’re sorry–we’ve run into an issue.
Now, if you are facing this same error, we got you covered. Here, we are going to discuss how you can get rid of this error. Let us find out.
How to Fix error code 42b on Microsoft Teams?
Here are the methods that you can use to resolve error code 42b on Teams:
- Clear Microsoft Teams cache.
- Switch the platform to sign in to your Teams account.
1] Clear Microsoft Teams cache
Try clearing up Microsoft Teams cache and see if the issue is fixed or not. A lot of errors on Teams can be fixed using this method. Here are the steps you can follow to clear Teams cache:
- Firstly, you need to close all the Teams related tasks and for that, open the Task Manager.
- Now, select Microsoft Teams from the Processes tab and then hit the End Task button.
- Next, open the File Explorer.
- Then, paste the following address in the navigation bar: %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Cache
- In the opened location, select all the files using Ctrl + A hotkey and delete them.
- After that, you need to locate the following folders and delete them one by one:
%appdata%\Microsoft\teams\application cache\cache %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\blob_storage %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\databases. %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\GPUcache %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\IndexedDB %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\Local Storage %appdata%\Microsoft\teams\tmp
- Finally restart Microsoft Teams and check if you are able to log in without error 42b.
2] Switch the platform to sign in to your Teams account
If you are continuously getting the 42b error code on teams, try accessing your account on a different platform. Like, PC users can switch from desktop app to web client. See if you are able to fix the issue by doing so.
How do I fix the Microsoft Teams error?
The fixes to resolve a Microsoft Teams error depend upon its error code. Each error code indicates different issues and hence, the solutions also differ. Here are some of the guides that will help you fix the Microsoft Team error:
- Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA301F7.
- Fix Microsoft Teams error code 500.
- Fix Microsoft Teams error caa70007 and caa70004.
- Fix Microsoft Teams Sign-in Error Codes.
How do I fix Microsoft Teams error code caa5004b?
If the Microsoft Teams error code caa5004b shows you that you can’t access the organization, it is recommended to contact your IT admin. Just ask them to remove you from the organization and then re-invite you to the organization.