In this post, we will show you how to enable Mic and Camera on Omegle in Chrome. Omegle is a popular web-based chat platform people use to communicate with strangers online. The application offers the option to text or video chat with people, depending on your preference. Meanwhile, it goes without saying that your mic and camera must be in good working condition for you to enjoy the video chat feature.
Some Omegle users have, however, complained that when using Omegle on Chrome, their microphone and camera have stopped working. Therefore, if you are reading this article due to this problem, we will provide you with the information you need to resolve it.
What causes Mic or Camera to not work in Omegle on Chrome?
We’ve found out that the main cause of this issue is blocked mic and camera usage/permission in your Chrome browser or on your PC. Also, this circumstance could be brought on by a background computer application using the microphone or camera; an unintentionally turned off mic or camera permission, corrupt data on your PC, or a number of other factors. The problem may also be due to an issue with your PC’s camera and audio driver. To help in resolving the issue, we’ve gathered several working ways to fix the mic or camera in Omegle not working on Chrome.
How to enable Mic and Camera on Omegle in Chrome
Before trying out any of the solutions below, it’s recommended that you restart your computer. This can be useful if your computer’s memory issues or a software glitch stops the microphone or camera from functioning. If the Microphone or Camera in Omegle is not working on Chrome, follow these tips to enable Mic and Camera on Omegle in Chrome browser.
- Close Programs using Mic or Camera.
- Update Chrome browser.
- Check Mic and Camera Permission on Chrome.
- Clear Chrome Cookie and Cache.
- Close open tabs in Chrome.
- Confirm that there is no extension blocking Mic and Camera.
- Make sure your drivers are up to date
1] Close Programs using Mic or Camera
There may be another program using the mic or camera on your computer, and it’s impossible to use a camera or mic on different programs at the same time. So you should check the program running on your computer with the camera or mic and close it. With this, you should be able to use Omegle without any problem with the mic or camera.
2] Update the Chrome browser
Many people make use of outdated versions of the Chrome browser on their computers. Not only does this outdated browser harbor bugs, but it also affects your browser’s functionality. This may be the reason why the mic or camera isn’t working while accessing Omegle through Chrome; so update Chrome and see.
3] Check Mic and Camera Permission on Chrome
Without mic and camera permission enabled in Chrome, you won’t be able to use these functions on the browser. And mostly, not enabling this function in the browser is the main cause of this issue for many users. To check if the mic and camera permission is allowed in Chrome:
- On the Chrome browser, tap on the vertical three-dots menu to open More options.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Privacy and Security.
- Click on Site settings and hit the Camera or Microphone option depending on the one you have issues with.
- Then check the blocked sites and make sure the Omegle web address isn’t included on the list. Also make sure the mic and camera permissions are allowed for the Omegle site.
If these permissions were previously blocked, then this method will have resolved the issue, and you should be able to use Omegle in Chrome without any problem.
4] Clear Chrome Cookie and Cache
Cookies and cache on Chrome are used to store some of your browsing data to make using the program easier and more effective. However, when Chrome has corrupt caches or cookies, the app will start to malfunction.
In that case, you’ll have to clear the browser’s caches and cookies. Here is how to clear cookie and cache in Chrome:
- Click on the three-dot icon at the top-right corner of the Chrome browser.
- Select More tools and tap on Clear browsing data…
- Check the data you wish to delete and press Clear data.
After doing this, close and re-open the browser before trying to use it for accessing Omegle.
5] Close open tabs in Chrome
Just the same way, it’s impossible to run different programs using a mic or camera at a time; you can’t be able to use Omegle if there is another tab using the mic or camera on the chrome browser. Besides, a website could be blocking this function as well. This is why it is recommended for users to close the tabs on the browser and try using the Omegle platform once again.
6] Confirm that there is no extension blocking Mic and Camera
Some extensions can block access to the mic and camera function on your Chrome browser, which could be why you’ve been having issues with using Omegle. As it may be hard to figure out which extension is doing this, you could use incognito mode to access Omegle and see if the mic and camera will function well with that. Moreover, you can check for those extensions that have access to the camera and mic on the browser and disable them.
Related: Add, Remove or Disable Browser Extensions and Add-ons.
7] Make sure your drivers are up to date
Another common factor that can cause the mic or camera in Omegle not working on Chrome is using outdated drivers on your PC. This outdated or corrupt driver will hinder the performance of the camera and microphone along with other functions on your computer. So, it’s recommended that you update your driver to the latest.
To update the Camera driver:
- Press Windows + X keys and select Device Manager.
- Double-click the Cameras option.
- Download the recent version driver package for your PC camera from its manufacturer’s website.
- Right-click your PC camera driver and select the Update driver.
- Tap Browse my computer for driver software and follow other on-screen prompts to select the downloaded camera driver.
To update the Microphone driver:
- Open Device Manager and double-click on Audio inputs and outputs.
- Download the latest version of the microphone driver from its manufacturer’s website.
- Right-click the Microphone driver and tap Update driver.
- Choose to Browse my computer for driver software.
- Then follow other prompts to select and install the downloaded driver.
This should ultimately help resolve this issue. However, if any of the previous solutions were ineffective, which is uncommon, you could simply use other browsers like Firefox, Microsoft Edge, or Brave browser. Let us know which solution worked for you in the comment section.
Related: Camera not working on Omegle
Why are my mic and camera not working on Omegle?
It’s likely that Omegle’s micro or camera won’t function because your computer has blocked their permissions. Additionally, you won’t be able to use Omegle’s video chat if a background application is using the microphone and camera. The solutions that can help fix the issue, though, have already been discussed in the article.
Read: USB microphone not working on Windows 11/10.
Can I use an external camera to video chat on Omegle?
It’s possible to video chat on Omegle using an external camera if your PC camera isn’t working properly or if you feel like using it. You simply have to plug in the external camera or connect it via Bluetooth to begin utilizing it.
Read: Omegle error connecting to server; Is Omegle down?