From time to time, you must make a habit of looking at your browser add-ons, extension, and plugins. The reason this is recommended is because, over a period of time you may have installed browser add-ons for which you may have no use now. It is also quite possible that some software or website may have without your knowledge, installed some add-on. In such a case, you may want to disable or completely uninstall these add-ons. This will also improve your browsing experience.
Add, Remove or Disable browser extensions in Chrome
- Chrome users can type chrome://extensions in the address bar and hit Enter to open the Extensions page.
- You can also access it via Chrome Options > More Tools > Extensions.
- You will be able to enable, disable or delete the browser extension, and also get more extensions, should you want to add some.
- You can also visit the Chrome Web Store to add extensions.
Add, Remove or Disable browser add-ons in Firefox
- Firefox users can open the Menu and select Add-ons. The Addons settings page will open.
- On this page, you can get more add-ons and extensions, and remove or disable them.
- If any options to tweak the add-on settings are available, they will be offered here.
Add, Remove, Enable, Disable browser plugins in Opera
- If you are an Opera user, after you open it, click Ctrl+Shift+E to open the browser extensions settings.
- You can also open this page via Settings > Extensions.
- You can add, disable or remove the extensions and tweak their Options.
- You can also set keyboard shortcuts for them.
Manage Browser add-ons in Internet Explorer
To manage browser add-ons in Internet Explorer, open IE and press Alt+X to open Tools. Here you will see Manage add-ons. Click on it and the following box will open.
Here, you can select the browser add-on which you wish to disable and right-click on it. You will see several context menu options, one of which is Disable. Select Disable to disable the add-on. This panel also lets you find more add-ons, toolbars and extensions. A link for this appears in the bottom left corner.
We hope that this post helps you manage your browser add-ons and consequently, keep your browser running smoothly. I would also like to say that you must always make sure that you update your browser plug-ins, extensions, and add-ons regularly.
TIP: BrowserAddonsView is a small freeware that lets you easily manage browser add-ons.