If your photo or video doesn’t have the proper metadata, you can add or edit them in Windows 10. Here is how to add Metadata to Photos & Video files in Windows 10. You can do that with and without using any third-party software.
Metadata helps you find out all the information about an image. For example, when it was captured, which camera used to capture the photograph, what date/time it was, what was the ISO, shutter speed, etc. and many more. Some information depends on the type of file (photo or video), but you can find quite similar options in both cases.
When you capture a photo using your mobile or a digital camera, all that information gets saved automatically based on the camera settings. However, if your images do not have such metadata and you need to insert or edit the EXIF data of your image and video.
How to add Metadata to Photos & Video files
To add metadata to photos and video files in Windows 10, follow these steps-
- Get the original file and right-click on it.
- Select Properties from the list.
- Go to the Details tab.
- Click on the items you want to edit.
- Start writing your additional metadata or information.
- Click Apply to save the edit.
First, you need to get the original file. Although a copied version might work as well, it may not carry as much information as the original file. Then right-click on the file and select the Properties option.
Now, switch to the Details tab where you can find all the existing metadata of your image or video. It is the same tab from where this is possible to remove personal information from photos, files, etc. in Windows 10.
After that, click on the respective position in the Value column. It may or may not already have some information, but it should be editable when you click the present value.
For your information, you can add or edit this information-
- Image ID
- Date acquired
- Camera maker
- Camera model
- Metering mode
- Flash mode
Some options may be different for photos and videos.
After adding all the details to your image or video file, you need to save it so that it can carry that metadata all the time. Click the Apply and OK buttons.
- How to edit Music Metadata on Windows 10
- Remove Properties and Personal information from photos
- Remove metadata with ExifCleaner
- ExifTool is a good freeware that lets you read, write and edit Meta information.
- MP3tag lets you edit metadata and tags of Audio formats
- Doc Scrubber helps remove hidden metadata from .DOC files
- Metadata Cleaner is a Office documents Metadata Cleanup & Removal Tool.
- Tags: Files