This post explains how to copy an Outlook Calendar Appointment to another day. Outlook supports adding multiple calendars to your account to help schedule meetings and appointments for different clients. It also offers great flexibility when it comes to copying or moving appointments.
You can copy-paste individual calendar appointments to another day or duplicate an entire calendar, including appointments, meetings, and events. In this post, we will show how you can easily and quickly copy appointments in Outlook using 5 different methods.
How to copy an Outlook Calendar Appointment to another day
To copy an Outlook Calendar Appointment to another day, you may use the following methods:
- Copy an appointment using the copy-paste method.
- Copy an appointment using the Ctrl key.
- Copy an appointment using the mouse right-click button.
- Copy all appointments (calendar events) from one calendar to another by changing the Calendar view.
- Move an appointment using the Move to Folder option in Outlook.
Let us see these in detail.
1] Copy an appointment using the copy-paste method
- Open the Outlook desktop app on your Windows 11/10 PC.
- Switch to the Calendar view.
- Select the appointment and press Ctrl+C.
- Navigate to the day where you want to copy the appointment.
- Press Ctrl+V.
2] Copy an appointment using the Ctrl key
- Navigate to the appointment in the Outlook calendar.
- Select the appointment. A thick black border around the appointment signals that it has been selected.
- Press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard.
- Click and drag the appointment to the desired day in the Calendar.
- Release the Ctrl key. (If you do not press the Ctrl key while dragging the appointment to another date, the appointment will move instead of being copied to the specified date).
3] Copy an appointment using the mouse right-click button
- Select the appointment in the Outlook calendar.
- While holding the right button of the mouse, drag the appointment to the desired day in the calendar.
- Release the mouse button and select Copy from the popup menu. (Select ‘Move’ to move the appointment).
4] Copy all appointments (calendar events) from one calendar to another by changing the Calendar view
- Switch to the Calendar view in the Outlook desktop client.
- In the left panel, select the calendar that you want to copy over.
- Click on View in the menu bar on top.
- Click on the Change View dropdown and click on the List option.
- You will see all the events of the selected calendar (appointments, meetings, etc.) in the list view.
- Press Ctrl+A to select all the events.
- Press Ctrl+C to copy all the events.
- In the left panel, select the calendar to which you want to copy these events.
- Switch to the List view in this calendar (follow steps 3 and 4).
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the events, including all appointments from the source calendar.
5] Move an appointment using the Move to Folder option in Outlook
You can also, move appointments from one calendar to another in Outlook. When moved between calendars, appointments keep the same dates, start time, end time, and other details.
- Double-click on the appointment.
- Go to File > Move to Folder.
- Select the calendar where you want to move the appointment.
Alternatively, you may select the relevant calendar in the left panel. Then click and drag the appointment from the source calendar to the desired calendar in the left panel.
Points to consider while copying appointments in Outlook
- Double-click on the appointment to adjust the subject, location, start time, or end time.
- If you convert an appointment to a meeting, check the availability of the meeting room, meeting equipment or resources, or the attendees before copying or moving the appointment.
- After copying or moving the meeting appointment, double-click and open the appointment and click on the Send button to send an invite for the new meeting to all the attendees.
I hope you find this useful.
How do I copy one instance of a recurring meeting in Outlook?
Go to the instance of the recurring meeting in Outlook. Click to select the instance. The meeting instance will be surrounded by a thick black border when selected. Using the right-mouse click, hold and drag the meeting instance to the desired day in the calendar. Release the mouse click and select Copy from the context menu.
How do I merge calendar appointments in Outlook?
You can export the source calendar data from Outlook as .PST file and then import it to the destination calendar to merge appointments from both calendars. Alternatively, you can overlay two calendars to collectively view the appointments from both calendars. While this may not essentially merge the calendars but will create the same effect. Click on the left arrow icon in the top-left corner of the calendar to view it in Overlay mode.
Read Next: Outlook not working after Windows Update.