Windows Activation Error 0x803FABC3 indicates that the device is not eligible for transfer because the device is blocked. If you are also facing the same error, continue with the troubleshooting guide to avoid and resolve the issue on Windows 11/10.
Regardless of the Windows version you are using, the error pops up with the following message-
We can’t activate Windows on this system right now. You can try activating again later or go to the store to buy genuine Windows. Error code: 0x803FABC3
The worst thing is that there isn’t any difference in the situation even after going through the Activation troubleshooter. Upon running the Activation troubleshooter, Windows displays the following message-
Unable to activate Windows. We can’t reactivate Windows as our servers aren’t available right now. Wait for a few minutes, or try adding your Microsoft account again.
Continue with the guide to fix the problem.
What causes the Windows Activation Error 0x803FABC3?
There can be multiple culprits behind this Windows activation error code. But among all, the most common ones are listed below.
- If Windows fails to access the digital license, you will face this error message.
- If you are using an incorrect or invalid product key, you’re most likely to encounter the error message.
- If you have recently made changes to your hardware (like processor, motherboard, or disk drive), you’ll face the error message.
- You can also come across the other if you haven’t downloaded the latest windows update.
Now that you have a prior piece of knowledge about what causes this activation error let’s check out how to get rid of it.
Fix Windows Activation Error 0x803FABC3
Below is a list of all the effective solutions you can try to get rid of, Windows Activation error 0x803FABC3:
- Enter the correct and genuine product key
- Run Windows Activation Troubleshooter
- Activate Windows after hardware change
- Perform SFC scan
- Contact Microsoft Support
Now, let’s take a look at all these solutions in detail.
1] Enter the correct and genuine product key
As mentioned, the very first reason behind the problem can be the incorrect product key. After installing Windows on your system, you need to enter a valid 25 character Windows product key. But in case you are entering an incorrect product key, Windows will fail to identify and throw the mentioned error. So, make sure you are entering the correct and genuine key. You can know about the product key by checking the email that came along with the digital download when you purchased Microsoft store or any third-party reseller.
2] Run Windows Activation Troubleshooter
Going through the Windows Activation troubleshoot is the first step you should try. But make sure you have the digital license link to your Microsoft account before getting into the activation troubleshooting process. Here’s how to run Windows Activation Troubleshooter.
- To begin with, press the Windows + I shortcut key to open the Settings menu.
- Choose the Update & Security option.
- Click on the Activation option present at the left panel of the screen.
- Click on the Troubleshoot link present at the right panel of the screen.
The Windows Activation troubleshooter will open and try to fix the problem.
- Open the Settings menu by pressing the Windows + I hotkeys.
- In the System tab, locate and open the Activation option.
- Click on the dropdown icon present next to the Activation state.
- From the context menu, click on the Troubleshoot option.
Wait until the troubleshooting process is complete. Once done, check if the problem is fixed or not.
3] Activate Windows after hardware change
The mentioned activation code error cannot occur due to a hardware change that you have made in your system. As it turns out, the Windows product key is linked with the installed motherboard of this system. If you replace that particular part, Windows will fail to identify the product key and will throw the mentioned error code. To fix the problem, check out the guide on activating Windows after a hardware change.
4] Perform SFC scan
A damaged system component can also be the reason causing the issue. To fix the problem, you will have to perform the SFC scan. Here’s how it’s done.
Open Command Prompt in administrator mode.
Now, type the following command and press the enter key.
Wait until Windows completes the process. Once done, check if the problem is fixed or not.
5] Contact Microsoft Support
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds helped you solve the problem, the last thing you can do is try to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
How do I fix Windows activation errors?
One of the fundamental ways to fix any Windows activation error is to run the Activation troubleshooter. To run it – go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Troubleshoot. You should also make sure that you are entering the correct product key.
How do activate Windows 10 in settings?
It’s very easy to activate Windows 10 in settings. Just go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation. Choose the Change Product key option, and type the product key in the dialogue box that pops up. Click on Next, followed by tapping on the Activate option.