In this article, we are going to show you how you can fix the issue where Dread Hunger voice chat or mic is not working. Many users have reported that the voice chat feature of Dread Hunger is not working. Whereas, there are also reports of Mic not working problem. So, if you are facing either of these problems, continue with the article to find out how to fix them.
Fix Dread Hunger Voice Chat or Mic not working
Here’s a list of effective workarounds you can try if Dread Hunger voice chat or mic is not working on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Check for devices
- Give microphone access
- Unmute the game
- Run Dread Hunter in Administrator mode
- Download the latest audio driver update.
- Change sound settings
- Troubleshoot in a clean boot.
- Reset sound settings
1] Check the Devices
The very first thing that you should try is to ensure that you are using the correct input and output audio devices. You can check it by visiting the sound settings menu, and ensuring that both input and output devices are configured correctly. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Go to Dread Hunger settings.
- Click on Audio.
- In the Voice Output Device, choose your current output device. And, in the Voice Input Device, choose your current input device.
If everything is fine, then there can be any other reason causing the problem.
2] Give Microphone Access
You need to give Dread Hunger access to your microphone in order to use the mic. If you have disabled it, knowingly or unknowingly, you are most likely to face the mentioned issue. So, open the game, and grant it access to your connected microphone.
3] Unmute the Game
Windows PC comes with the option of a volume mixer. It displays all the applications from which the sound is coming. If you have mistakenly muted the sound coming from Dread Hunger, you won’t hear anything in the game.
To unmute, right-click on the volume icon present in the taskbar and select Open Volume Mixer. Unmute the Dread Hunger sound. That’s it. Check if the problem is fixed or not.
4] Run Dread Hunger in Administrator Mode
You can run an application including Dread Hunger in the administrator mode to fix any minor problem revolving around it.
To do it, right-click on the game icon and choose the Run as administrator option. If the problem was being caused due to administrator privileges, it would have been fixed now.
5] Download Latest Audio Driver Update
If you haven’t updated the audio driver for a long time, then you are most likely to deal with the voice chat or mic not working problem. Thus, consider updating the drivers to fix the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow to download the latest audio driver update.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings menu.
- Tap on the Windows Update option.
- Go to Advanced options > Optional updates.
- In the following window, you will see a list of all the available Driver & Optional Updates for your system including the audio driver updates.
Download and install the available audio driver update to fix the problem. Alternatively, you may download the driver from the manufacturer’s website or even use free driver updater software to get the work done.
6] Change Sound Settings
Changing the sound settings is another effective workaround you can try to fix the problem. It can be the case that the current sound setting of the system is not compatible with in-game audio. Thankfully, you can fix the problem by changing the sound settings. Here’s what you need to do.
- Open the Windows Settings by pressing Windows + I short cut key.
- Go to the System > Sound.
- Click on Speakers/ Headphones.
- In the Format section, change the current audio settings to 24 bit, 44100 Hz.
That’s it. Exit the window, open the game, and check if the problem is fixed or not.
7] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
There can be different applications that are blocking necessary resources of Dread Hunger which are causing the problem. You can fix it by performing a clean boot. To do so, here are the steps you need to follow.
- To begin with, press the Windows + R shortcut key to open the Run dialogue box.
- In the search bar, type msonfig and press enter.
- Click on the Services section.
- Checkmark the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Tap on Disable all.
- Click on Apply, and then OK.
That’s it. The Windows will go into a clean boot state. Now, you will have to manually troubleshoot to identify the offender who is creating this issue and disable the process.
9] Reset Sound Settings
If you are still facing the problem, the last thing you can try is to reset the in-game sound settings. It will eliminate any kind of bug or glitch that is causing the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Go to Dread Hunger settings.
- Click on Audio.
- Change Voice Output Device to Default System Device. And, change Voice Input Device to Default communication Device.
Once done, restart the game to save the settings.
Is there voice chat in Dread Hunger?
Voice chat is one of the newest features in Dread Hunger. It is more reliable and has the best sound quality. You will experience the echo effect in caves, and muffled voices when near a wall.
How do I fix my Steam voice chat?
There are different ways by which you can fix steam voice chat. To name a few, you can turn off Audio Enhancements, toggle the privacy settings, or download the latest audio driver update. Troubleshooting in the clean boot is another effective solution to fix steam voice chat.