If when you run the built-in Windows 10 DISM tool, you receive an error message codes like 87, 112, 11, 50, 2, 3, 87,1726, 1393, 1910, 0x800f081f, then these general troubleshooting suggestions may help you fix the problem. The error code may be accompanied by a message :
- If the accompanying message is – The restore health option is not recognized in this context, or An error occurred while processing the command, it could indicate that the DISM command you uses is not supported by the operating system version.
- If the accompanying message is – The add-package option is unknown, it could indicate that the option you uses is not supported by the operating system version.
If a Windows image becomes unserviceable, you can use the Deployment Imaging and Servicing Management (DISM) tool to update the files and correct the problem. In the case of system inconsistencies and corruptions, corrupted Windows Update files, etc., you can run the DISM tool by using the Cleanup-Image functionality along with the available switches.
But if the effort fails, you may need to find out why this happened. Such errors are usually faced when you use the
/restorehealth parameter – but could appear when you use other parameters as well.
Fix DISM Error
1] Open an elevated command prompt window and execute the following command to refresh the DISM tool:
dism.exe /image:C: /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions
This will revert all pending tasks including Windows Updates. It is recommended that you boot offline and then run it a recovery command prompt.
2] Next, execute the following command:
dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
This will clean up the component store so that everything can run properly again.
3] Restart and then Run sfc /scannow in Safe Mode.
Restart your system and see if you can run the following command now:
dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
This should help!
- Fix DISM Error 0x800f0906
- DISM Error 1009: The configuration registry database is corrupt
- Error 50, DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the online option
- DISM fails in Windows 10, The source files could not be found.
- Tags: Troubleshoot