This post features solutions to fix Exit code 8; No driver was found that can be installed on the current device error. This error code makes the user unable to use integrated Intel graphics on their PC. The system cannot find a compatible driver for the device. Fortunately, you can follow these suggestions to fix this.
Fix Exit code 8: No driver was found that can be installed on the current device
To fix No driver was found that can be installed on the current device error, update your operating system and then follow these tested fixes:
- Uninstall External PCI Express card
- Check for Driver Updates
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode
- Restore BIOS to its Default Values
Now let us see these in detail.
1] Uninstall External PCI Express Card
If your device has an external PCI express card installed, uninstall it. This is because when a discrete graphics card is added to the system, it disables the graphics offered by the processor. Here’s how you can do it:
- Click on Start, search for Device Manager and open it.
- Expand the Display adapters section.
- Right-click on your PCI express card and select Uninstall.
2] Check for Driver Updates
Outdated or corrupted drivers can also be responsible why exit code 8 occurs. Update your device’s drivers and check if the issue gets fixed. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open Settings and navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- Right under it, look for a clickable link— View optional updates.
- Under Driver Updates, a list of updates will be available, which you can choose to install if you are facing an issue manually.
Alternatively, you can also use Intel Driver & Support Assistant to install latest Intel drivers.
3] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot Mode
Third-party applications installed on your device can be the reason why no driver was found on the current device error occurs. Perform a Clean Boot of your PC to restrict all third-party applications. Here’s how you can perform a clean boot:
- Click on Start, search for System Configuration, and open it.
- Navigate to the General tab and check the Selective Startup option and the Load System Services Option under it.
- Then navigate to the Services tab and check the option Hide all Microsoft services.
- Click on Disable all at the bottom right corner and hit Apply, then Ok to save changes.
If the error doesn’t appear in the Clean Boot State, you may need to manually enable one process after another and see who the culprit is. Once you’ve identified it, disable or uninstall the software.
4] Restore BIOS to its Default Values
If none of these suggestions could help, restore BIOS to its defaults. This is because a corrupted BIOS can make your system malfunction. Here’s how you can reset BIOS settings to their default values.
Let us know if anything here helped you.
What is Driver error code 8?
The driver error code 8 usually occurs when two graphics card drivers are installed on your device. Removing and uninstalling the external graphics card and its drivers can help fix this. Once you have uninstalled the external graphics drivers, update the graphics the processor offers and check if the issue gets fixed.
Why I can’t install Intel Graphics driver?
The most common reasons include updated hardware or software, conflicting drivers and hardware malfunctions. Also, check if you are installing the correct driver version for your specific graphics card.