I faced Diskpart Virtual Disk Service Error, The object is not found in the command prompt when I was creating a primary partition on my Hard Disk, as you can see in the image below. Did you meet a similar problem also? Sometimes Diskpart fails to work as expected for some reason. If you fail to create a partition via the Diskpart command, we will discuss the fixes to this error. But before taking action, we will know the reason behind this issue.
What is the reason behind the Virtual Disk Service Error The Object is not Found?
Here are some reasons behind the error.
- If the disk is failing and cannot hold a partition.
- Due to some virus which is affecting the system.
- Due to the virtual machine not responding properly.
- Due to the fatal virtual hard disk.
- f you try to modify OEM Recovery Partition.
- Human error-accidental deletion of some important files.
There may be several reasons for the disk partition platform. But you will always find the same error regarding the virtual disk service error.
Diskpart Virtual Disk Service Error, The object is not found
If you receive Diskpart Virtual Disk Service Error, The object is not found when trying to create a partition using CMD, the following suggestions may help you:
- Restart your device and try again
- Use Rescan Command to Refresh the Object
- Use AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Free
- Use DiskGenius Free Software
1] Restart your Device and try again
If you are facing a Diskpart virtual disk service error The object is not found issue then, first of all, you should take the easiest step and restart your computer. It will reload all the resources and eliminate temporary errors. After restarting your computer, try to run the Diskpart and check if the issue persists. If restarting the computer does not help fix this issue, try the next solution.
Read: Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The operation is not supported by the object
2] Use Rescan Command to Refresh the Object
When you want to partition your hard disk and your command prompt encounters an error, you can use the Rescan command to refresh the object. The Rescan command rescan the SCSI bus for disk change. It also does the equivalent of refresh command updating information on the drive letter, file system, volume, and removable media. You can use the Rescan whenever you make disk changes, like adding or removing a disk. Below are the steps to run the Rescan command.
- Click on the Search icon and type Command Prompt
- Open the Command prompt, type Diskpart and hit Enter
- Now, type rescan command and again hit Enter
3] Use AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Free Software
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard is a free hard drive partition software, which specializes in accomplishing all operations in disk partition management. It is free and powerful and has been trusted by millions of users all over the world. With this use you can easily solve the Diskpart the object is not found error and you can create both primary partition and logical drive effortlessly on that disk. Follow the below steps to create a partition on the hard disk.
- After installing and launching this free tool on your PC connect it to your PC and make sure it can be detected
- Go to the main interface, right-click the space you want to create a partition with, and click on Create partition
- Now, on Create Partition page, specify the Partition size, the location, drive letter, and file system of the new partition
- Click on Advanced in the lower-left corner, to set the partition label, partition type, unallocated space before/after, and SSD partition alignment as displayed
- Click on OK and the process will be completed in a short while
The partition on your hard disk is created, and now you can use the partition for data storage.
You can also use another free software.
4] Use free DiskGenius Free Sofware
DiskGenius is free third-party software that is used for data recovery, partition manager, and partition backup. DiskGenius will recover your files in different data loss situations and get you out of any troubles. It is a fully featured partition manager it allows you to resize, extend, split, create and erase partitions to maximum disk space use. So, just install this free software and try to create a partition via simple steps.
- After successfully installing and launching this free tool on your computer, locate the disk where you want to create a partition
- Select unallocated space on the disk and click the New partition button from the toolbar
- In Create New Partition box choose the partition type, file system type, partition size, etc and then click OK
- Click on Save All button and format the newly created partition
After that, you can store data in the partition.
Read: Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error. Delete is not allowed on the current boot, system, pagefile, crashdump or hibernation volume
How do I enable virtual disk services?
Below are the steps to enable virtual disk services.
- Press the Window + R keys to open the Run box
- Type services.msc in the Run box and press Enter key to open the Windows service manager
- Scroll down and you will get the Virtual Disk service
- Now, double-click on the service to open it
- Choose Automatic or Manual for the Startup type
- Now, click OK to save the changes
How do you fix DiskPart has referenced an object which is not up to date?
If you want to fix DiskPart has referenced an object which is not up to date. Then Refresh the object by using RESCAN command. Follow the below steps to run this command.
- Click on the Search icon and type cmd
- Open the Command Prompt
- Type DiskPart and click Enter
- Now, type rescan and again click Enter
After running the rescan command If the problem persists exit DiskPart, then restart DiskPart or restart the computer.
How do I clean with DiskPart?
When you want to clean the entire disk, then you can use the DiskPart clean command to convert all the stored data into unallocated space. Follow the below steps to clean with DiskPart.
- Launch command prompt, and type DiskPart
- At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk 0 and press Enter
- Now, type clean all and press Enter
- Finally, type exit and press Enter
Read: Diskpart Virtual Disk Service error, The specified disk is not convertible.