According to some gamers, Cult of the Lamb is stuck at the Loading screen. The game launches normally but just couldn’t move past the loading screen. If this scenario is applicable to you then in this article, we are going to see the reasons why this is happening and how we can solve it.
What do you do when a game is stuck on the loading screen?
Here are the potential reasons why your game is stuck on the Loading screen:
- Lack of administrative privileges can be one of the reasons why you are having issues at the time of loading.
- You are going to face the issue if your game files are corrupted or missing. In such a case, we are going to see how to verify the integrity of game files.
- Graphics driver and Windows version are one of the basic things that people generally forget to update. However, if yours is outdated then it is most likely to be the cause behind the issue.
- Overlay apps are good choices but not always. It is not compatible with some of the games and hence the game crashes.
- If your antivirus software or firewall is blocking the game or its file, stopping it from launching the game then you may face the error. Hence, disable your anti-virus software or add the game through the firewall.
Now let’s see how to resolve the issue.
Fix Cult of the Lamb stuck on the Loading screen
If Cult of the Lamb is stuck on Loading on your Windows PC then execute the solutions mentioned below.
- Run the game with administrative rights
- Repair game files
- Update your Graphics Driver
- Disable the overlay apps
- Change the setting to windowed mode
- Disable any antivirus software you have or just add the game through the firewall.
1] Run the game with administrative rights
Administrative rights allow you to run the game smoothly as it allows the game to have permission to access necessary files and resources. However, if this isn’t the case, then there’s a good chance of facing crashing problems. To resolve the issue, you can run the game as well as Steam with administrative privileges. To do the same, just right-click on the app and select Run as administrator. Alternatively, you can configure them to always run with administrative privileges using the following steps.
- Right-click on the game or Steam and select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab and tick the box next Run this program as administrator.
- Click Apply > Ok.
Once done, restart your game and check whether the issue is resolved or not.
2] Repair game files
The corrupted or missing files seem to be causing the issue at the hand. If this is the case then you can verify the game’s integrity to resolve the issue. Here’s how you can do so:
- Launch Steam and navigate to the Library.
- Click on the Properties option and then on the Local Files tab.
- Now, select Verify integrity of game files.
Be patient as this will take some time and then later launch the game to see if this resolves the issue or not. Hopefully, this will do the job.
3] Update your Graphics Driver
The basic thing to do is to check the status of your Graphics Driver when facing issues such as loading, crashing, or black screens. These issues can simply occur if your Graphics Driver is outdated and not compatible with the game. Here’s how to update your Graphics Driver:
- Try free driver update software
- Use the manufacturer’s website and download the driver
- Install Driver and Optional Update.
- Update GPU Driver from Device Manager.
4] Disable the overlay apps
Overlays are a good choice when you need extra features but not so much with some of the games as they cause incompatibility issues. In such a case, we are going to disable Overlay in apps and see if this resolves the issue or not. Follow the steps prescribed below to do the same:
- Launch Discord and go to the Settings option.
- In the App Settings, click on the Overlay option.
- Now, disable the toggle key of Enable in-game overlay.
- Head to the game library, and right-click on the game.
- Disable the overlay option.
- Launch Steam and go to the Settings option.
- Click on the In-game option.
- Now, untick the box next to Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.
For NVIDIA GeForce Experience:
- Open NVIDIA GeForce Experience.
- Click on the Settings option.
- Switch off the toggle key of the In-game Overlay.
Once you disable the Overlay, restart your device. Now. launch the game and check whether the issue persists or not.
5] Change the setting to windowed mode
For some users, playing the game in windowed mode seems to resolve the issue in question. We are going to do the same and see if that works, you can follow the steps mentioned below to change the setting to windowed mode:
- Launch the game, and go to the Video Settings.
- Click on the Display option, and go to the window mode.
- Now select the windowed mode option.
Hopefully, this will do the job for you.
6] Disable any antivirus software you have or just add the game through the firewall
Your antivirus software or the firewall may detect some of the game’s important files as threats to your computer. Due to this, your game won’t be able to connect to the server, and therefore the game crashes. You can either disable the antivirus software temporarily or allow the game through the firewall to run the game without any hindrance.
Hopefully, your issue is resolved using the solutions mentioned in this post.
What gender is the lamb from Cult of the Lamb?
Cult of the Lamb is gender-neutral. It doesn’t like to fall into a certain realm when it comes to gender and doesn’t even have a name. It not only helps the game to keep a mysterious vibe but also shows its cosmopolitan nature. It is definitely a game that you should try.