PC gamers may see the Background services have been disabled error in the EA app while launching or playing a game on their Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer. This post is intended to help affected PC gamers with the most applicable solutions to the issue.
Background services have been disabled, preventing the app from starting. Turn on EA background services in the Windows Service Manager to fix the issue and get back to business.
Background services have been disabled in the EA app
If you see the Background services have been disabled in the EA app when you launch a game or while gaming on your Windows 11/10 PC, then you can resolve the issue on your system by applying the suggested fixes in the order presented below.
- Enable Background Services in EA app settings
- Enable EABackgroundService in Windows Services
- Reinstall the EA Desktop app
Let’s see these suggestions in detail.
1] Enable Background Services in EA app settings
Go to EA Desktop Application Settings, then toggle on the setting for Background Services. In addition, you can control whether the EA Desktop app can run in the background on your Windows 11/10 computer by following these steps:
- Select Start, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
- Scroll to the desired app, select More options on the right edge of the window, then select Advanced options.
- In the Background Apps permissions section, under Let this app run in the background, select one of the following options:
Always—The app runs in the background, receiving info, sending notifications, and staying up-to-date even when you’re not actively using it. This option may use more power.
Power optimized—Windows decides what will save the most power while still allowing the app to receive notifications and update periodically. This option may limit an app that uses a lot of power.
- Select Start, then select Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
- Under Background Apps, make sure Let the apps run in the background are turned On.
- Under Choose which apps can run in the background, turn individual apps and services settings On or Off.
2] Enable EABackgroundService in Windows Services
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type services.msc and hit Enter to open Services.
- In the Services window, scroll and locate the EABackgroundService service.
- Double-click on the entry to edit its properties.
- In the properties window, click the drop-down on the Startup type and select Automatic.
- Make sure the Service status is Running.
- Click Apply > OK to save changes.
3] Reinstall the EA Desktop app
You can reinstall the EA desktop app and see if that solves your problem.
Hopefully, this helps!
Does EA run in the background?
The EA app may download game updates and conduct automated app updates since the EABackgroundService is running in the background. You can turn off background game updates and automatic app updates in the EA app settings if you’d prefer not to have them running.
Is the EA Desktop app better than Origin?
In essence, Origin is EA Desktop in its finished state. Due to the enhancements provided by EA, you may now spend more time playing your preferred game and less time battling bugs and crashes. EA Desktop doesn’t contain malfunctioning hardware or buggy software.
Read next: The Sims 4 not updating on Origin or EA app.