Microsoft Windows 8 Developer Preview promises to be one of the finest operating systems by Microsoft. Most of the users who are using Window 8 Developer Preview have given positive reviews for this operating system.
It has been reported that Windows 8 Developer Preview was downloaded 500,000 times in less than a day after its release. And by now, we can be sure that it has crossed the one million mark.
Windows 8 Developer Preview has introduced many new features and concepts and is compatible with all the systems which are compatible with the Windows 7. For this reason, most of the users dual boot Windows 8 Developer Preview with Windows 7.
If for some reason, you want to do uninstall Windows 8, you can follow any of the 2 methods discussed below:
Uninstall Windows 8 using the Boot Option in msconfig.
1. Type msconfig in start search and hit Enter.
2. System Configuration box will open up. Navigate to the Boot Tab and select Windows Developer Preview. Next click on Delete.
3. Click on Apply button and then finally click on OK.
4. Now, you just have to format the partition where you had installed Windows 8 Developer Preview and then you can get your disk space back. To do so, Open Computer folder and right-click the drive on which it has been installed. Select Format.
That’s it! You are all done!
Uninstall Windows 8 using EasyBCD
1. EasyBCD is a free utility which can be used to uninstall Windows 8 Developer Preview. For this, you first need to download and install EasyBCD application on Windows 7.
2. After installing EasyBCD, run it. Click on Yes if prompted by User Access Control
3. Now, click on the Edit Boot Menu button. You will see the entry named Windows Developer Preview. Select it and click on the Delete button.
4. A confirmation prompt will pop up. Click on Yes.
5. Now, you have just removed the Windows 8 Developer Preview entry from your boot menu. Click on Save settings and close the application.
6. The last step is to format the partition where you had installed Windows 8 Developer Preview to get your disk space back.
Following these steps, you will have successfully uninstalled Windows 8 Developer Preview from your computer completely.