Connectify is a newly released application that allows you to create a Wi-Fi hotspot WITHOUT a Wi-Fi router. This means that you can share your internet connection with others through your laptops wi-fi adapter.
All your friends, co-workers or users having wi-fi enabled devices can connect to the internet through the wi-fi hotspot your laptop will create. You can also keep your wi-fi hotspot secure by password-protected WPA2 Encryption.
Basic Requirements :
- A laptop/desktop running windows 7.
- A wi-fi card.
- Connectify software.
The main plus point of this software is that its a freeware and you don’t have to pay for using or downloading this!
- SECURITY :
- Your wireless access point hotspot will be encrypted with WPA-2 encryption only . Its as strong as your password will be.
- The Ad Hoc mode hotspots are protected with WEP encryption.
- OPERATING SYSTEM :
- You need Windows 7 in order to run this. Windows 7 Starter Edition is not supported as of now, as it lacks some of the features Connectify utilizes.
- Older versions of Windows are not compatible.
Visit www.connectify.me for more! But it is not freeware. WiFi HotSpot Creator is free.
Also see Enable Internet Connection Sharing & Create a Wi-Fi hotspot in Windows 8 natively.