Windows operating system provides no option whereby you can list all the file names in a specified directory. Simple File Lister is a handy and reliable utility designed to accomplish this task. It provides a few-click operation with over 200+ file attributes.
The freeware tool does the function of DIR command for Windows OS to get a list of files in a directory and save them with their attributes to user chosen .TSV, .CSV or .TXT formats.
To access the program, simply download and install it to your computer. Run the program, browse for the folder and choose the directory in ‘Target’ field. By default, the output file is saved in the preferred Target directory.
To access ‘File Attribute Option’, click ‘Template’ and uncheck the ‘Simple List’ option. Choose directory display attributes, Output extension format under the ‘Output Option’ and click on ‘OK’ to save the changes made.
Click the ‘Play’ button to initiate the scanning of files. File listing will be completed instantly, and the output file will be saved in the specified directory.
Simple File Lister features:
- Comes with template creation, easy to load, saves frequently used settings and loads easily
- Easy to operate (Help guide provided for assistance)
- No admin privileges required
- More than one application can be made to run at same time
- Multi-threaded processing. Fully responsive while performing a task
- Multiple directory scanning, via ‘Send To shortcut’ option (Windows Explorer context menu)
- Supports ‘Install’ and ‘Uninstall’ feature
- Small footprint. Only 1.7Mb in size.
- Supports major spreadsheet viewer (Open Office, Microsoft Excel Google Doc, etc) via TSV, CSV & other DSV output-file formats.
One has the option to select the ‘Extension’, ‘Text Qualifier’ and ‘Delimiter’ details from the ‘Output Option’, you can also add column headers to the file and ask the app to scan the subfolders as well. The operation is fast and retrieves the file list of more than 1000 files in a quick succession.
Simple File Lister is compatible with Windows 7 Operating System and even earlier such as Windows Vista and Windows XP.
Download: Simple File Lister.
These links may also interest you:
- Find and list hidden files & folders on your Windows computer in a click
- How To Print A List Of Files in Folders In Windows 7 | 8 with Karens Directory Lister
- Save & print list of start-up files in Windows with Startup Discoverer
- List and check integrity of Windows protected system files with freeware System Files Lister.