If you want to create a list of files and folders on your Windows computer, you can do so easily using this free software called FilelistCreator. This software can detect almost every kind of file as well as folders and export their list in various formats according to your requirements.
FilelistCreator for Windows 10
Here is a list of features that are included in the FilelistCreator software:
- File support: If you are creating a list of files, you might want to include various formats. As this tool supports almost all the common file types, you won’t face any problem while adding something on the list.
- Search for any file: If you know you have a folder somewhere on your computer, but you do not know the exact location, you can use the search option.
- Folder support: Apart from documents, images, etc., you can add folders in the list.
- Custom column: By default, it shows the file name, type or format, file size, and the path. However, if you want to add more information or remove something from the default list, you can do that.
- Multiple formats for export: You can export files in different forms such as TXT, HTML, CSV, XLSX, ODS, PNG, JPG, etc.
Create a list of Files and Folders on Windows PC
One time-saving thing about this software is that you do not need to install it because of portability. Therefore, after downloading this software from the official website, you need to extract the contents and double-click on the executable file to open it.
Now you can start adding some files to the list. To do so, click the Add Files button and choose what you want to add. If you are satisfied with the list and you want to export it to your computer, you need to select an option from the Export Format list and click the Save button.
Following that, you can open the file or send it to someone else.
If you want to add more information to the file list, here is a small trick. As mentioned earlier, you can add or remove columns from the default list, and this option depends on the file you have included in the list.
For example, if you have selected some images, you can show or hide the width, height, aspect ratio, etc. If you have chosen some audio files, you can show or hide the artist’s name, album name, duration, bit rate, etc.
All these options are visible on the right-hand side of the window.
You can expand each category and make a tick to show something.
If you want to create a file list with this tool, you can download it from the official download page.
Related read: How to print list of Files in a Folder in Windows 10.