Since the launch of Windows 8, we have came around many issues while using Windows Store. So far we’ve seen that different errors requires a different kind of treatment for the same error message. We’ve discussed this point in many of our previous Windows Store error fix up articles. Now, today we came around another error code with same message Something happened and this app couldn’t be installed.
Something happened this app couldn’t be installed. Please try again. Error code: 0×80070005
We faced this issue while updating apps from Windows Store. This looks like the error has some relativity with Windows Update. I have seen errors in Windows Update with such kind of an error code. But the Windows Update service was running perfectly on the system, on which we faced the issue. So in order to fix the issue, we need to try something different as basic troubleshooting steps didn’t help either. After doing couple of research on this error, I finally concluded that, there is something wrong with permissions for the folder in which apps are stored. Thus, this led me to the solution to this error, which is shared below:
FIX : Error 0×80070005
1. Press Windows Key + R combination, put following in Run dialog box and hit Enter:
Substitute <username> with your user account name and C with system root drive.
2. Now in the Local folder, scroll down to look for Packages folder and right click on it, select Properties.
3. In the following window, give permission to everyone in the user name as full control. Click Advanced.
4. Here in this window, make sure that every user have full control. However, if you find any user name without full control, click Add.
5. Moving on, in following window first click Select a principal, then type users in Select User or Group box, click Check Names. Lastly, check Full control for Basic permissions section.
Click Apply then OK in the windows shown step 5, 4, 3. In this way, every user has full control regarding permissions. Finally, do a reboot and your issue should be fixed up.
Hope this helps!