Microsoft has clarified another of the doubt that was lingering for long – Whether the Insider Preview testers would get a free Windows 10 copy. And the answer is, well in a way, YES. Those who have signed up for being Windows Insider will continue to receive Windows 10 operating system full version as a free download legally, for testing forever. They will be receiving all updates before the general users can access it so that they can test it and send feedback to Microsoft.
If you do not have Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1, you can still get a free Windows 10 full version. Microsoft needs testers or Insiders, for Windows 10 to test all the upcoming feature and security upgrades, so if you can do it, you will be able to retain the latest Windows 10 operating system without paying anything even if you do not have a Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 operating system.
Microsoft has also clarified that it will continue providing the latest updates to Windows Insiders first and only after they certify that the updates are good or useful, the updates will be released to normal Windows 10 users. This is your one chance to get Microsoft Windows 10 operating system full version as a free download, with no restrictions.
Windows 10 will be a device lifetime service. By device lifetime service, we mean that Microsoft will continue providing updates and upgrades as long as a person is using a device running Windows 10.
There are plenty of new Windows 10 features, including the new Edge Browser, Windows Hello, and a better Virtual Desktop. The features will depend on the edition and the devices you upgrade to. The Start Menu is back and a speech assistant Cortana is available. There will be new security features like Enterprise Data Protection, Device Guard, Antimalware Scan Interface, and so on to keep malware at bay. However, some features like the Media Center have been removed.
The User Interface of this version of the Windows operating system is familiar and intuitive like Windows 7. It ships in 32-bit as well as a 64-bit version. It offers a Home, Pro, Education as well as an Enterprise edition. Its Windows Update feature is configured to automatically install security updates.
As far as the system requirements go, most of the system requirements for Windows 10 are the same as those for Windows 8.1. If your computer can run Windows 8.1 properly, you can find it easy to install Windows 10 – Home or Pro.
You should know that you can use Windows 10 without a product key or activation forever, but in the long term, some of the features will be disabled. Gone are those days when Microsoft forced consumers to buy a license and kept rebooting the computer every two hours if they ran out of grace period for activation.
Windows 10 full version free download
This method will help you in obtaining Microsoft Windows 10 operating system full version for free download and usage for years to come. This opens a path for all Windows XP and Windows Vista users, as well as to get a free copy of Windows 10 final version.
To get your copy of Windows 10 full version free, follow the steps outlined below.
- Open your browser and navigate to insider.windows.com
- Click on Get Started. In the sign-up box, enter your Microsoft account details, email, and password
- If you want to get a copy of Windows 10 for PC, click on PC; if you want to get a copy of Windows 10 for mobile devices, click on Phone
- You will get a page titled “Is it right for me?”. The page contains information about the latest build of Windows 10 for PC or phone-based upon your selection; go through the system requirements and see if your device matches it
- Scroll down on the page and click on Get the Preview. Click on Download the ISO link
- In the page that opens, first note down the key of Windows 10 Preview; You will not need the key for installation, but just in case Windows 10 asks you to activate the copy, you will have to use it
- From the list of Languages, select the language that you wish your Windows 10 copy to be
- Select if you need 64-bit or 32-bit Windows 10 for free
- Click on the download link and let the ISO file download
- Burn the ISO to a USB or DVD.
- If you want to do a clean installation, boot from USB or DVD and install Windows Preview; if you do not want to lose your programs and settings, boot to your current operating system and run setup.exe from the DVD or USB to which you burned the Windows 10 ISO file. Keep updating Windows 1o as and when updates are released.
- That is it: you are now eligible to get a free copy of Windows 10 Home or Pro.
Do note that you will still need to keep your Insider account active, so you have to log into the account every few weeks. You may or may not submit any feedback, but the account has to be active. That way you will receive the free updates to the final Windows 10 without having to pay anything.