After a new Windows installation, all of us have that list of ‘must install’ software which we install first! Which Windows software or freeware do you install first after you have installed a fresh copy of Windows 10? And do you install it in any particular order?
Which software do you install after a fresh Windows installation
Well, speaking for myself, after completing a fresh Windows installation, I first update it. Then I install the following software:
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Revo Uninstaller Pro. This can then monitor all subsequent installations.
- WinPatrol: After all installations are done, I use WinPatrol to remove startup entries from all possible locations. I usually have just my Anti Virus software in the start-up’s list.
- Microsoft Office
- Firefox, Opera and Chrome browsers
- CyberGhost VPN
- BitDefender Anti-Ransomware
- VLC Media Player
- Malwarebytes (Free)
- Ultimate Windows Tweaker (Portable) – It helps me make Windows behave the way I want it to.
- FixWin – Helps me fix Windows issues at times.
Do share your list of must-install software. Sure, there could be more; but let’s try and restrict the list to 10 or 15.
I’d love to see your list!
Go here if you want to have a look at some great free software for Windows and here to check out our TWC Windows freeware.
UPDATED on 7th Sept 2017.