Windows 10 now lets you easily enable or turn on the Dark Theme in Windows 10. When you do this, all UWP or Universal Windows Platform apps will use the Dark Mode. Earlier, one had to resort to a registry tweak to do it, but now, one can easily enable it via Settings. Let us see how to do it.
Turn on Dark Theme in Windows 10
From the Start Menu, open Settings and click on Personalization.
In the left panel, you will see Colors. Select this section.
Now in the settings which open, scroll down till you see Choose your app mode, with the options:
The default is Light. Select the Dark mode, and you will see the Settings app turn black right away.
When you do this, even the apps like the Windows Store app, Mail app, Calendar app, etc, will use the power-saving and easy-on-the-eyes black background. Moreover, this Dark Mode is great for low-light conditions too.
Let us know if you plan to use the Dark Theme in Windows 10.
If you like dark themes, you might want to take a look at these posts too:
- Automatically enable Windows 10 Dark Theme in Settings
- Enable Dark Theme in Edge browser
- Free Dark Themes for Windows 10
- Enable Dark Theme in Microsoft Edge for iPad
- Dark Mode Black Notepad
- Enable Dark theme on new Edge Chromium browser
- Switch to Dark Gray theme in Office
- Enable Dark Mode in Movies & TV App
- Enable Dark theme for Twitter App
- Enable Dark Mode on Microsoft Teams.