Windows 10 now lets you easily enable or turn on the Dark Mode or Theme in Windows 10. When you do this, all UWP or Universal Windows Platform apps will use the Dark Mode. Earlier, one had to resort to a registry tweak to do it, but now, one can easily enable it via Settings. Let us see how to do it.
Enable Dark Theme in Windows 10
To enable or turn on Dark Theme or Mode in Windows 10:
- From the Start Menu, open Settings
- Click on Personalization.
- From the left panel, select Colors.
- In the Choose your color dropdown menu, you will see 3 options:
- Select Dark.
Your Windows 10 theme including the apps will go dark.
If you choose Custom, you can set your Default windows mode and the Default apps mode.
When you do this, even the apps like the Windows Store app, Mail app, Calendar app, etc, will use the power-saving and easy-on-the-eyes black background. Moreover, this Dark Mode is great for low-light conditions too.
Let us know if you plan to use the Dark Theme in Windows 10.
If you like dark themes, you might want to take a look at these posts too:
- Automatically enable Windows 10 Dark Theme in Settings
- Enable Dark Theme in Edge browser
- Free Dark Themes for Windows 10
- Enable Dark Theme in Microsoft Edge for iPad
- Dark Mode Black Notepad
- Switch to Dark Gray theme in Office
- Enable Dark Mode in Movies & TV App
- Enable Dark theme for Twitter App
- Enable Dark Mode on Microsoft Teams.