If your Windows Sticky Notes crashes frequently or has stopped working then, you can try to Reset it, Reinstall it, run the Windows Apps Troubleshooter or disable Insights feature and see if that helps you fix the problem. These suggestions will also help you if Sticky Notes is not showing up or won’t open on your Windows 11/10 PC.
Sticky Notes crashes in Windows 11/10
If Sticky Notes keeps crashing or disappearing frequently, has stopped working, is not showing up or won’t open, you can carry out the following steps to repair them:
- Repair or reset Sticky Notes
- Reinstall Sticky Notes
- Disable Insights
- Run the Windows Apps Troubleshooter.
1] Reset Sticky Notes
The first thing you want to do is to reset the Sticky Notes and see.
For Windows 11 users, here are the steps to reset Sticky Notes:
- Open Settings app using Win+I hotkey
- Access Apps category using the left section
- Click on Apps & features available on the top right section
- Scroll down the page to access the Sticky Notes app
- Click on the three vertical dots icon available for Sticky Notes
- Click on Advanced options
- Scroll down the page
- Click on the Reset button
- A confirmation pop-up will open. Press the Reset button in that pop-up.
Let the reset process complete and then launch Sticky Notes again. This should fix your problem and Sticky Notes will work again as it should.
To reset Windows 10 Sticky Notes, open Settings > Apps > Sticky Notes > Advanced Options. Press the Reset button. The app will be reset to default, and all app data will be deleted as well.
Check if this helps. If it does not, proceed to the next suggestion.
2] Run Windows Apps Troubleshooter
Run the Windows Apps Troubleshooter and see if that helps.
In Windows 11, you need to follow these steps to run Windows Store Apps troubleshooter:
- Right-click on Windows 11 Start button
- Click on the Settings option to open the Settings app
- Click on the Troubleshoot option present under the System category
- Access Other troubleshooters page
- Scroll down the page
- Press the Run button available for the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.
The troubleshooter will start detection problems related to apps (including Sticky Notes) present on your computer and provide the fixes accordingly. You simply need to apply the fixes and see if your problem is gone.
In addition to that, the options to Repair and Uninstall Sticky Notes are also there on the same troubleshooter page that you can use as per your needs.
3] Disable Insights feature
The Insights feature in Windows 11/10 gives you the ability to create Cortana reminders from your Sticky Notes that you can access across all of your Cortana-enabled Windows devices. However, some have reported that the Insights feature is known to cause this issue. You may then want to disable Insights and see if that helps.
4] Uninstall & fresh install Sticky Notes
The last suggestion we have is that you uninstall Microsoft Sticky Notes app using PowerShell or CCleaner and then download and install it from the Microsoft Windows Store.
Lets us know if anything here helped you fix the problem.
Why did my Sticky Notes stop working?
There could be any reason because of which your Sticky Notes is not working. For example, it may stop work because you might have enabled the insights option in Sticky Notes. It might also stop working if it is corrupted. In such a case, you can try to disable or turn off insights and/or repair Sticky Notes.
What to do if Sticky Notes is not working?
If Sticky Notes doesn’t work on your Windows 11/10 computer, then you can try some simple options like:
- Reset Sticky Notes
- Use Windows Store Apps troubleshooter
- Uninstall Sticky Notes, etc.