In this post, we will show you how to show or hide the Performance button on the toolbar in Microsoft Edge. The performance button allows Edge users to easily change the settings of the Efficiency mode, previously known as the Performance mode, without having to leave the webpage they’re working on. Efficiency mode is a performance feature designed and implemented by the Edge browser to make it more system resource and battery optimized.
Users can turn on the Efficiency mode from the browser’s Settings page. Efficiency mode can be activated when the device is unplugged and has a low battery, when the device is unplugged, always, or never. Having a dedicated Performance button at the top of the webpage you’re working on, makes it easier to change the efficiency mode settings. In this post, we will show you how to add the Performance button to your Microsoft Edge browser’s toolbar in Windows 11/10.
How to Show or Hide Performance button on Toolbar in Microsoft Edge
You may show or hide the Performance button on the toolbar in Microsoft Edge using one of the following methods:
- Show/Hide the Performance button from the Settings menu.
- Show/Hide the Performance button from Edge’s Settings page.
- Hide the Performance button from its right-click menu.
- Hide the Performance button from the Performance pop-up window.
Let us see these in detail.
1] Show/Hide the Performance button from the Settings menu
- Click on Settings and more option in the top right corner of your browser window (next to your profile picture).
- Right-click on the Performance option in the Settings menu.
- Select the Show in toolbar option. This will add the Performance button (heartbeat symbol) to the Edge toolbar.
- To hide the button, right-click on the Performance option and then select the Hide from toolbar option.
Note: If you left-click on the Performace option, the Performance button will show up on the toolbar with a pop-up window. You may turn on or off the Efficiency mode in Edge using the dropdown available in this pop-up. But, as soon as you click outside the Performance pop-up window, the button will disappear. To avoid this from happening, use the right-click option method.
2] Show/Hide the Performance button from Edge’s Settings page
- Click on the Settings and more option to open the Settings menu.
- Navigate to the Settings option and click on it.
- In the browser’s Settings page, click on the Appearance option in the left panel.
- Navigate to the section ‘Select which buttons to show on the toolbar:’.
- Scroll down to locate the Performance button option.
- Click on the toggle next to the option. The button will be added to the toolbar and show up on all new tabs you open in the Edge browser.
- Click again on the Performance button toggle to hide the Performace button from the Edge toolbar.
3] Hide the Performance button from its right-click menu
Once you’ve added the Performance button among Edge’s toolbar icons, you can hide it from the toolbar itself.
Right-click on the Performance button in the toolbar next to the address bar of the Edge browser, and select the Hide from toolbar option.
Also read: Enable or Disable Sleeping Tabs in Edge.
4] Hide the Performance button from the Performance pop-up window
You can also hide the Performance button from the Performance window that pops up when you click on the Performance button.
Click on the More options icon (three horizontal dots) in the Performance window. Then click on the Hide performance button from toolbar option.
That’s all about it. Hope you find the above post useful.
How do I turn on Performance mode in Edge?
To Disable or Enable Efficiency or Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge browser on Windows:
- Open Settings after clicking on the three horizontal dots placed at the top-right corner of the window.
- Go to System and Performance.
- From Optimize Performance, enable Efficiency Mode.
- You can also select when you want it to be active by clicking on the drop-down menu.
This way, you will have enabled Performance Mode in Microsoft Edge.
Read Next: Fix Microsoft Edge High Memory Usage.