Many users have reported that they see Save Failed on Ground Branch when playing the game. The issue means that the game is unable to save your progress. In this post, we will see how you can resolve this error message of Ground Branch. Following is the exact error message.
Make sure you have write access to
You may need to add the Ground Branch Binaries to exception list of any anti-virus or anti-malware software that you are running.
The error message vaguely states the reason for this issue, but read the detailed explanation below and then go to the troubleshooting guide.
Why am I seeing Save Failed when playing Ground Branch?
Save Failed error code on Ground Branch means your progress is not saving. This can happen due to various reasons. We have mentioned a few of them below.
- Your Antivirus or Firewall is blocking game files. This is a very common issue and has happened to many users. Because Ground Branch is writing to a folder, the security apps mistake it for a virus and block the access.
- The game doesn’t have the required permissions. However, this permission can be granted by launching the game as an administrator. If there is a specific folder that can be written to (as mentioned in the error message), you may have to change its properties.
- Progress can also fail to save if there are some corrupted game files. This corruption can be repaired using the launcher itself.
If you want to resolve the issue, go to the troubleshooting guide.
How to fix Save Failed on Ground Branch
If you see Save Failed on Ground Branch in Windows 11/10, try the following suggestions.
- Allow Game through Firewall
- Open Ground Branch with administrative privileges
- Make sure that GroundBranch has full access
- Verify the Integirty of Game Files
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Allow Game through Firewall
Let us start by allowing the game through Windows Firewall. It is mentioned in the error message and if the issue is caused because of the fact that your antivirus thinks that Ground Branch is a virus, this will do the job for you.
To allow Ground Branch through Windows Firewall, try the following steps.
- Open the Windows Security app by searching it out from the Start Menu.
- Go to Firewall & network protection.
- Click on Allow an app through firewall.
- Click on the Change settings button.
- Allow Ground Branch through both Private and Public networks.
- If you can’t find the app, click on Allow another app > Browse > go to the location of the Ground Branch executable file, it should be something like \steamapps\common\Ground Branch\GroundBranch\Binaries\Win64\GroundBranch-Win64-Shipping.exe and add it.
Now, try playing the game. If you are using a third-party antivirus, try whitelisting the app. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved
2] Open Ground Branch with administrative privileges
Next up, try opening Ground Branch with administrative privileges and ensure the game has administrative privileges. You can right-click on the game or on the Steam launcher and select Run as administrator. In case you want to configure the app such that it always opens with the required permission, try the following steps.
- Right-click on Ground Branch or Steam.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the Compatibility tab, tick Run this program as an administrator.
- Click on Apply > Ok.
Hopefully, this will do the job for you.
3] Make sure that GroundBranch has full access
As you can see in the error message, the GroundBranch folder’s write access should be subject to scrutiny. So, you should go to the location mentioned in the error message and ensure you have complete access. In case you lack any permission, try giving it the required permissions.
4] Verify the integrity of game files
Corrupted system files are another factor that can stop your game from saving its files. Usually, when the game files are corrupted as a whole, the game won’t even launch. However, in this case, a particular file must be missing or corrupted. We will verify the integrity of game files and see if it helps. Follow the prescribed steps to do the same.
- Open Steam.
- Go to Library.
- Right-click on the game and select Properties.
- Go to the Local Files tab and select Verify the integrity of game files.
It may take a little time, but once the verification and repairing is done, your game should work just fine.
Hopefully, you are able to resolve the issue.
How to fix Ground Branch Performance Issues?
Ground Branch Performance issues such as crashing, freezing, low FPS, etc, can occur if your computer is barely matching the system requirements. However, there are a lot of users with powerful computers complaining about these issues. That’s why we have created a guide to help you with the Ground Branch Performance issues.
Also Read: Ground Branch Mic not working.