Although Microsoft releases various updates from time to time for Windows 11/10 users, people often get problems receiving those updates on their computers. Reset Windows Update Tool is such a utility, which helps you fix most of the common Windows Update-related issues on your computer within moments.
Restore Windows Update settings & components to default with Reset Windows Update Tool
For your information, the Reset Windows Update Tool offers nineteen different options to get rid of almost any Windows Update-related issue on Windows 11/10 computer. Whether you need to reset the Windows Update component or delete incorrect Registry values, you can do everything with the help of this tool.
Here is a detailed list of options offered by the Reset Windows Update Tool:
- Opens the system protection: It helps you open the System Protection tab in the System Properties wizard from where it is possible to create a System Restore point.
- Resets the Windows Update Components: If you need to reset Windows Update components to the factory default, you can use this option.
- Deletes the temporary files in Windows: Windows 11/10 stores a lot of temporary files from time to time. You can delete them with the help of this option.
- Opens the Internet Options Properties: If you need to make changes in the Internet Properties setting, you can use this option.
- Runs Chkdsk on the Windows partition
- Runs the System File Checker tool: It helps run the SFC scan on your computer.
- Scans the image for component store corruption
- Checks whether the image has been flagged as corrupted: If an image has been flagged as corrupted, you won’t be able to install updates. At such a moment, you can use this option to check if the image has been flagged or not.
- Performs repair operations automatically
- Cleans up the superseded components
- Deletes any incorrect registry values: If your computer contains any incorrect Registry value causing problems in Windows updates, you can get rid of that with the help of this option.
- Repairs/Resets Winsock settings
- Reset Microsoft Windows Store
- Force Group Policy Update: At times, you might need to forcefully update the Local Group Policy. In such situations, you can use this option.
- Search Windows updates: If your computer could not find the available update, this option helps you fix the issue.
- Find the Windows product key
- Explores other local solutions
- Explores other online solutions
- Restarts your PC
If you want to use the aforementioned options, you need to download and install the app on your computer. It comes with a basic installation process that you can go through like any other app. However, it is highly recommended to create a System Restore point before using this app.
How to use Reset Windows Update Tool
To use the Reset Windows Update Tool to restore settings & components to default, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the app > select Run as administrator option.
- Click the Yes button.
- Choose your language number and hit the Enter button.
- Type Y and hit the Enter button.
- Select a task you want to perform and note down the number.
- Enter the number and press the Enter button.
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
Before getting started, you need to download it from the official website and install it on your computer. Once done, you can follow these steps. To get started, right-click on the app icon and select the Run as administrator option > click on the Yes button on the UAC prompt.
As you are opening the Reset Windows Update Tool for the very first time, you need to select the language for your app. By default, it comes with English, but you can select other languages such as French, German, Italian, etc. To select a language, type the number of the corresponding language, and hit the Enter button.
Then, you need to agree to the Terms and Conditions of Use. For that, press the Y key on your keyboard, and hit the Enter button.
After that, you can find all the nineteen options on your screen. Every fix or task has a number on the left side. You need to enter the number in the app window and hit the Enter button to execute the task.
Whether it is for opening the System Protection or running Chkdsk, you can do everything by entering the number accordingly.
How do I use the Windows Update Reset Tool?
Reset Windows Update Tool is a very easy-to-use software you can use on your computer. It is a command-line tool, which helps you open various things in order to fix the Windows Update-related problem on Windows 11/10 PC. You need to find the enter the corresponding number of a task to execute it.
What does Reset Windows Update Tool do?
The Reset Windows Update Tool offers nineteen different options to get rid of almost any Windows Update-related issue. It helps you run various troubleshooting tools on your computer to fix the Windows Update-related issues. If you are unable to download or install updates on your Windows 11/10 computer, you can use this app to fix the issue within moments. Whether you need to clean up superseded components or reset Microsoft Store, you can do everything with the help of this app.
If you like, you can download Windows Update Reset Tool from wureset.com. Best to create a system restore point first before using it.
- Reset Windows Update Agent from Microsoft will reset & repair all WU-related components & registry keys, and more.
- Windows Update Troubleshooter is another tool that can help you fix Windows Update problems. There are also several other links at the end of that post that can help you troubleshoot Windows Update problems.
- This PowerShell Script will help you Reset Windows Update Client.