Whether you’re printing a single document or multiple documents from a program on Windows 11/10, you will have to configure the print settings first. The Printer Settings page in Windows 11/10 allows you to configure different options like the paper size, the page orientation, and the page margins.
Open & change Printer settings in Windows 11/10
Following a quick setup, you can start printing immediately. However, you might need to configure a few printer settings. You can even set the default printer here.
The following steps will help you open and change the printer settings on your Windows 11 computer.
- Launch the Settings app by pressing Win + I keys.
- In the Settings app, select Bluetooth & Devices from the left side.
- On the right pane, you will see a tab named Printers & Scanners. Click on it.
- Now, you will see the list of all the printers that you have added to your computer. Click on the printer, the settings of which you want to change.
- Click on the tab named Printing Preferences. This will open a popup window where you can change your printer settings, like layout, paper quality, etc. There is also an Advanced button that lets you change some advanced settings of your printer.
Here’s how to open the Printers settings page in Windows 10 and change the settings:
- Type ‘Printers’ in the Windows 10 Search bar
- Select ‘Printers & Scanners’ options
- Right-click the printer icon and choose ‘Printing Preferences’.
- The Printer Settings page will open.
Let us see this in more detail.
Type ‘Printers’ in the Windows 10 Search bar and select ‘Printers & Scanners’ options
See if your printer is listed under ‘Printers & Scanners’ menu.
When seen, right-click the printer icon and choose ‘Printing Preferences’.
Instantly, you’ll get access to the Printer Settings page.
Thus, this way you can open the Printer Settings page in Windows 10.
Here, you can change/modify the Page Size, Paper Layout, and other Printer Settings.
Do note that the names of the tabs and settings may differ, depending on your printer model and driver versions.
You can also access the Printer settings via some applications. Let us take the example of Microsoft Word.
Open Microsoft Word or any other Office application.
Click ‘File’ menu (located in the upper-left corner) and choose ‘Print’ from the list of options displayed.
Adjacent to the option, you’ll find ‘Printer Properties’ link. Click the link to open the Printer Settings page.
The first method lets you set the default printer and allows defining printer settings for all print jobs while accessing Printer Settings via an app for single print jobs. We have listed both methods since when you print a document, its paper size, page orientation, or page margins differ from what you specified in the printer driver properties.
How do you add a Printer in Windows 11?
You can easily add a printer in Windows 11 via the Settings app. For this, you have to open the Printers & Scanners page in Windows 11 Settings. There you will find the Add a printer or scanner option.
Apart from this, you can also add a printer to your Windows 11 computer via the Control Panel. Simply open the Control Panel and select large icons in the View by mode. After that, click Devices and Printers, and then click on the Add a Printer button on the top.
Where do I find my Printer Properties?
You can open Printer properties in Windows 11/10 operating system via the Settings app. Below, we have explained the process to open printer properties on both Windows 11 and 10 operating systems.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Go to “Bluetooth & Devices > Printers and Scanners.”
- Select your printer from the list and then click on the Printer properties tab.
To open printer properties in Windows 10, go to “Start > Settings > Devices > Printers and Scanners.” Now, select your printer from the list on the right side and click on the Manage button. After that, click on the Printer properties link to view the properties of your printer.
Read next: How to turn off Let Windows manage my default printer setting.