There might be multiple benefits of the wireless or network printer over the wired printer but if we talk about security, the wired printer is still maintained at number one place. Another advantage of the wired printer is its communication speed for the data transfer that can be used without worrying about signal loss. Due to these things, many users still prefer to use the wired printer even in this ultra-modern era. But to use the wired printer, you first need to know the way to add your Printer to your computer device.
Add a Local Printer in Windows 10
To manually install, connect, or add a Local Printer via an Ethernet Cable in a Windows 10 computer:
- Connect your printer to your computer using the USB cord
- Then turn the printer on
- Open the Windows Settings using the Win+I keyboard shortcut.
- From the Settings page, select the Devices > Printers & scanners.
- In the right pane and click on the plus (+) sign saying Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for a while, so long as the system searches for your Printer.
- Once your device completes the searching process, it will display everything it finds in a list below.
- If your local printer is present in the list, select it and then click on the Add device button.
The printer that I want isn’t listed
In case your computer fails to find your printer or you don’t see the printer in the result list, click on the link saying “The printer that I want isn’t listed”.
On the next page, select the radio button next to Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings and then click the Next button to proceed.
On the next screen, you will see a list of option that is for both to install a local printer and a wireless printer.
Since you are here to add a local printer, you need to select either “My printer is a little older. Help me find it.” or “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings”
We suggest you go with the first option i.e. “My printer is a little older. Help me find it.” and let your system search for the printer.
After that, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
If it doesn’t work and fails to find your printer, you can go with the last option in the list saying “Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings”.
Now follow the on-screen instructions and give the details that will be asked you to complete the procedure.
If you have any other issues regarding the related topic, feel free to ask in the comments box.
- Tags: Printer