If Notes has disappeared from Outlook 365, then this post may help. Outlook 365 is a powerful productivity tool that provides individuals and businesses with different services to enhance communication, collaboration, and productivity. However, recently, some users have complained that notes have disappeared from Outlook 365. This post will show you how to recover deleted Notes from Outlook 365. You can retrieve lost Outlook Notes by following this post.
Fix Notes disappeared from Outlook 365
If your Outlook 365 Notes have disappeared, follow these suggestions to fix the issue:
- Check the Deleted Items Folder
- Reset Outlook Navigation Pane
- Check and Adjust the Visibility of Notes Section
- Run Outlook in Safe Mode
- Repair Office 365 Installation
Now, let’s see these in detail.
1] Check the Deleted Items Folder
If you accidentally deleted notes from Outlook, check if they are still accessible in the deleted items folder. Here’s how you can check and restore deleted notes in Outlook:
- Open Outlook, click on Home and select Deleted Items folder.
- Next, click Recover items deleted from this folder to recover any deleted items.
2] Reset Outlook Navigation Pane
Next, try resetting the Navigation Pane in Outlook. Doing so can fix various issues related to the way Outlook displays navigation elements and folders. To do so, press Windows + R to open run, type outlook.exe /resetnavpane, and hit Enter.
3] Check and Adjust the Visibility of Notes Section
It’s possible the notes section is hidden, and is why it has disappeared from Outlook. Check and adjust the visibility of the Notes section and see if it helps. Here’s how:
- Open Outlook, and click on File > Options.
- Outlook options will now open, and navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Click on Navigation below Outlook panes.
- Here, select Notes, uncheck Compact Navigation and click OK to save the changes.
4] Run Outlook in Safe Mode
Default settings and installed drivers on Windows devices often make Outlook malfunction. Running Outlook in safe mode will start the application using limited files and drivers. Here is how you can do it:
- Press and hold CTRL, then double-click on the Outlook.exe app icon.
- A prompt will now ask, “Do you want to start Outlook in Safe mode?” click Yes.
- Select your Outlook Profile Name in the next screen and click OK.
- Outlook will now open in Safe Mode.
- If Outlook runs fine in safe mode, one of the Add-ins may be causing the error. In that case, disable Outlook add-ins and see if the error’s fixed.
5] Repair Office 365 Installation
If none of these steps could help you, consider repairing Outlook. It has been known to help most users get over this error. Here’s how to do it:
- Press Windows Key + I to open Settings.
- Click on Apps > Apps & Features.
- Now scroll down, click on the office product you want to repair, and select Modify.
- Click Online Repair and follow the instructions on-screen.
I hope these suggestions help you.
How do I restore my Outlook notes in Office 365?
To restore Outlook notes in Office 365, open Outlook, click on Home and select Deleted Items folder. Here, click on Recover items, and a list of all deleted items that are recoverable will appear.
How do I enable notes in Outlook?
To enable Outlook notes, click on three dots at the bottom and click Navigation Options. Here, select Notes and click OK to save the changes.