Microsoft keeps on upgrading the Windows 10 ecosystem with useful and productivity apps. After bringing the BLINK camera app, Microsoft Research has now come up with a network testing app for the same.
Network Speed Test is the latest app released by Microsoft Research to test the cellular and Wi-Fi speed on Windows 10 and Windows Phone. Providing detailed information about download and upload speed of your internet connections, this app also maintains the record of your previous internet connections sessions.
Network Speed Test App for Windows 10
- Microsoft has kept the app simple with a neat interface and minimal use of colors and design. Networking Testing App mainly displays two speedometers indicating the upload and download speeds of the internet.
- It also displays the network delay in your connection.
- It also displays latency, packet loss of your internet connection.
- The app also gives you the details like your connection type, Network name, and Internet Status and Hostname.
- You can also keep a record of your previous internet session with Network name, date of connection, delays in network and upload/download speed.
Microsoft warns that this app collects certain data about your device and network connections to improve the network quality and availability. All the data collected about your internet connections helps Microsoft to understand network related things and to improve Windows Phone features.
“When you test a network connection using the App, certain characteristics of your device and the network connection will be sent to Microsoft to help improve our understanding of network quality and availability,” says Microsoft Research team.
However, the software giant also assures that the data collected by the app will not be used to contact you or for other purposes like targeted marketing.
Windows 10 users can get the app here.
TIP: These sites will let you check your internet speed online. They will tell you your upload and download speeds.