How often have you found multiple audio editing tools under a single program? Hardly any programs have this facility. But just few days ago I happened to come across a newly released tool called MP3 Toolkit.
What is MP3 Toolkit
MP3 Toolkit is a free but very powerful Windows application that includes a total of 6 MP3 file editing tools, viz:
- MP3 converter
- CD ripper
- Tag editor
- MP3 cutter
- MP3 merger
- MP3 recorder.
MP3 Toolkit converts audio for mobile devices. So, you can use the tool to convert, cut, merge, rip and record MP3 files for free. Besides, it can also be used to make ringtones, fix tag information and merge audio pieces to a complete MP3 file.
How to use MP3 Toolkit
- Download MP3 Toolkit as a binary file of 10.5 MB size
- Run the program and follow the on-screen instructions. A wizard will guide you through the complete installation process.
- Once installed, you will see a window with 6 editing tools, placed to the left side of the window in the form of tabs. When you hover your mouse pointer to any of the tabs you will be presented with the preview of the tab and a brief description on it.
- Depending on the operation/task you want to perform you can choose the desired tab and carry out the function.
- MP3 Converter: The feature of the toolkit lets you convert your audio files in batch to different popular formats such as MP3, WAV, WMA, FLAC, OGG, AC3, AAC, AMR, MPG and more. You can use buttons from the toolbar to add files or carryout some other function. Here, you can also specify some important information such as Audio Channel, Output Folder, Bitrate (kbps) and Rate (Hz).
- CD to MP3 Ripper: The tool when enabled lets you fetch tracks from audio CD to MP3 format.
- MP3 Tag Editor: The tool edits MP3 tags in bulk. You just have to add an MP3 files and modify the tag information at the right bottom frame. After that you can simply hit ‘Write tag’ button to complete the task. You can even copy the tag information between the ID3v1 and ID3v2 on ‘Tools’ menu.
- MP3 Merger: As the name suggests, MP3 merger allows you to configure merge settings before joining all the specified Mp3 files.
- MP3 Cutter: It allows you to split/cut your audio files using the built-in MP3 Cutter. How? For an MP3 File simply load the a file. Once done, you will observe a audio wave graphic. Click the play button and play the audio. During playing fix the length of the music part by clicking the Start & End Position button (“[” and “]”). Then, click on the playback button (“”) to play the music part.Do not forget to hit the ‘Save’ button to save the changes.
- MP3 Recorder: MP3 Recorder lets you record and save audio output in MP3 format. Here, you can set the output path at the left bottom of the user interface and alter Sample Rate, Bit Rate, etc before starting the recording process.
MP3 Toolkit works on Windows 10/8/7, Vista and XP and you can get it here.
Looking for more? take a look at these free audio editing software.