If you are switching to a different browser, having an option to migrate or transfer your favorites can be useful. Microsoft Edge offers this option. You can import or export the Edge browser Favorites to an HTML file. See how it’s done!
Import or Export Edge browser Favorites to an HTML file
Bookmarks help you save a web page on a particular web browser so that you can access it quickly whenever you want. Enabling this capability for other browsers too can save you both, time, and effort. Microsoft Edge Chromium allows you to export and import bookmarks (favorites) manually to back them up in a safe place.
- Launch Edge browser.
- Click Settings and More.
- Choose Favorites.
- Navigate to Manage Favorites.
- Click More Actions.
- Select Import Favorites option
- Choose What to Import.
- Hit the Import button.
- For exporting Favorites, click the More Actions button again.
- Choose Export Favorites.
- Select the desired location to save the file as an HTML document.
You can export or import your Edge Favorites manually to back them up in a safe place.
Launch the Edge browser and click the Settings and More option (visible as 3 horizontal dots in the upper-right corner of your computer screen).
Next, choose Favorites, click the side-arrow next to it and select the Manage Favorites option.
When directed to a new page, find and click the More options menu(3 horizontal dots). From the list, select Import Favorites.
Under the new window that pops up, choose what you want to import and hit the Import button at the bottom.
For exporting your favorites as an HTML file to the desired location, click the More Actions button again.
Select Export Favorites.
Choose the desired location to save your Edge Favorites as an HTML document.
This is how you can import or export Edge browser Favorites to an HTML file.
That’s all there is to it!
Related posts that may interest you:
- Import Bookmarks into Chrome browser
- Import Favorites and Bookmarks into Edge
- Export Google Chrome bookmarks to HTML
- Import Bookmarks into Firefox
- Export Bookmarks from Firefox
- Save, find & backup Favorites in Internet Explorer.