In this article, we will be explaining how you can turn off the sound that toggle keys make on your Windows 11 computer. For those of you who are unfamiliar, toggle keys aren’t actual, physical keys on your keyboard. They are simply built-in functions that let out a sound every time you press one of the command keys on your PC like the Caps Lock or the Num Lock. The tone can, obviously, be a botheration for some people and with a newly unveiled Windows OS version, you may find yourself a bit confused around a new UI. This article will help you guide through the process of muting the toggle keys in Windows 11.
How to mute the Toggle Keys in Windows 11
There are primarily three ways you can mute the Toggle Key Sounds. We will walk you through each one of them.
- Mute Toggle keys using the keyboard shortcut
- Mute Toggle keys from the Windows Settings page
- Mute Toggle keys via the Control Panel
1] Mute Toggle keys using the keyboard shortcut
The easiest way of getting rid of the sound that toggle keys make is to use the keyboard shortcut method. Here’s what you must do:
- Press and hold the Num Lock key for 5 seconds until you hear the toggle keys
- After this you’ll see the dialog box for Windows Toggle Keys, asking if you want to enable or disable the toggle key sound
Press ‘No’ and you won’t be hearing the toggle keys’ sound anymore.
2] Mute Toggle keys from the Windows Settings page
An alternative for you is to use Windows Settings. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Open the Windows Settings (The shortcut key is the same for Windows 11; Win + ‘I’)
- Here, click on Accessibility and further select the Keyboard option
- You’ll see a setting by the name of Toggle Keys. Toggle the option off and exit the settings page
Thereon out, you won’t hear the toggle keys’ sound every time you press the Caps Lock or the Num Lock key.
3] Mute Toggle keys via the Control Panel
A third alternative is to disable the setting via the Control Panel.
- Search for Control Panel on the Windows search pane and open the result
- Here, click on the Ease to Access center
- Now, you have got two options; you can either click on the Make the keyboard easier to use the option or the Make it easier to focus on tasks settings link
- Uncheck the Turn on Toggle Keys option and apply these settings by clicking on Ok
You can now exit the Control Panel. The toggle keys aren’t active on your PC anymore.
Related: Keyboard making beeping noise when typing on Windows computer.
How do I turn off Keyboard sounds on Windows?
If you want to turn off the keyboard sounds on your PC altogether, there is a provision for that as well.
- Open your Windows settings and click on Devices
- Select Typing from the options pane. Turn off the Play as I type option under the head Touch Keyboard and close the Settings page.
Your changes will have been saved and the keyboard typing sound would be muted permanently thereon out. We hope that this post was of help to you and that you are not having any trouble with your toggle keys anymore.