Do you want to create a cartoon avatar of yourself on your Windows 11/10 PC? In this post, we going to discuss different methods using which you can create beautiful, stunning, or funky cartoon avatars on your PC for free.
An avatar is basically the visual representation of a user on an internet forum. It is also called profile picture, userpic, or picons. Avatars can be used on social networks as profile pictures, comic graphics, blogs, etc. Now, if you want to create a funky avatar that defines your persona or character online, you can make a cartoon avatar image. You can download the created avatar image to your PC or share the created cartoon avatars online.
How to make a Cartoon Avatar on Windows 11/10?
Here are the three main methods using which you can create a cartoon avatar on your Windows 11/10 computer:
- Use a free cartoon avatar maker app from Microsoft Store.
- Create a cartoon avatar online using a dedicated web service.
- Try Canva to make a cartoon avatar.
1] Use a free cartoon avatar maker app from Microsoft Store
The first method that we are going to discuss is to use a Microsoft Store app to create a cartoon avatar. There are many free ones available in the store. Here are some good ones that you can try:
- Avatars+ Anime Maker
Pocoyize is a dedicated app for Windows 11/10 that lets you make cartoon avatars. It enables you to create desired cartoon avatars that you can use in profile pictures on social networks, your comics, and for other purposes as well. You can even use a designed cartoon avatar in your Windows account picture. Great, isn’t it?
It offers all the essential tools that you need for creating a beautiful cartoon avatar image. You can a variety of accessories, objects, and elements in different categories including Face, Mouth, Eyes, Hair, Facial Hair, Clothes, and Sunglasses. It lets you experiment with your cartoon avatar with different accessories. You can make an avatar for yourself or your friend. When done, you can save the avatar to your PC in PNG format. The image dimensions are 300×405.
How to make a cartoon avatar in Pocoyize?
Here are the main steps to create a cartoon avatar using this free Windows app called Pocoyize:
- Firstly, open Pocoyize, and from the main interface, select Me (for yourself) or My Friends (for your friends).
- Now, click on the Edit button from the bottom menubar.
- Next, you can select a face, hair, eyes, beard, mustache, eyebrow, to wear, bottom wear, and more for your avatar. It provides a lot of options in each category.
- After that, you can also choose the desired color for different elements to design a cartoon avatar.
- When you are done, click on the Save button to export the carton avatar as a PNG image. If you want to keep the created avatar as your Windows account profile, click on the Account Picture button.
This cartoon avatar maker app provides you with a nice feature called Random. It is a very useful feature as it generates a random avatar automatically, so you don’t need to put any effort into creating one.
If you liked Pocoyize and its feature set, you can directly install it from Microsoft Store.
B] Avatars+ Anime Maker
Another Microsoft Store app that you can use to make a cartoon avatar is Avatars+ Anime Maker. It is a beautifully designed app that makes it easy to quickly design a cartoon avatar image. You can create male and female cartoon avatars through it. The process is quite simple. Just select a gender, choose a body type, add eyes, eyebrows, and other facial features, accessorize the avatar, customize the background, and save the final image. As simple as that.
It provides tons of options to select body types, facial features, makeup options, accessories, and more. However, a lot of options are available only for premium users who have a paid subscription to this app. In the free version, you get some standard design objects only. However, those are enough to create a beautiful cartoon avatar for your profile picture, blog, comics, etc.
How to make a cartoon avatar in Avatars+ Anime Maker?
You can use the below simple steps to create cartoon avatars in Avatars+ Anime Maker:
- First, open the main interface of this app and click on the Anime button from its home screen.
- Now, select a gender from Male and Female.
- Next, you will see different categories including Body, Background, Blush, Eyebrows, Eyes, Faces, Hair, Horns, Mouth, Nose, Outfits, and Sunglasses. In each category, you can find tons of options to accessorize your cartoon avatar.
- It also offers some beautiful background images that you can use.
- Once done, click on the Save button and it will export and save the avatar image at a predefined location. The image is saved in PNG format. You can also directly share a cartoon avatar via Email, Twitter, and other apps.
Some more features of this cartoon avatar maker app:
- It lets you click an image through your laptop camera or webcam and edit it using several anime stickers like a crown, mustache, facemask, beard, etc.
- You can even import an existing image from your local gallery and then accessorize it with different kinds of anime stickers.
It is one of my favorite apps to create cartoon avatars that you can get from the Microsoft Store.
2] Create a cartoon avatar online
You can also make a cartoon avatar online using a free online tool. There are several free websites that let you create different types of cartoon avatars online. Here are some good ones that you can use:
AvatarMaker.net is an easy-to-use online tool that allows you to create cartoon avatar images online. You can make both male and female cartoon avatars using it. It lets you create your own avatars or use its random feature to quickly generate a random cartoon avatar automatically.
It contains a whole collection of different types of anime objects and accessories that you need to create your desired cartoon avatar. It has categories like Faces, Eyes, Hair, Clothes, and Backgrounds. In each category, you can explore options to design each aspect of your avatar image. For example, in the Faces section, you can find options related to designing the facial features of an avatar like mouth, eyes, nose, and ears. Similarly, in its Eyes section, you can choose eye shape, iris, eyebrows, and glasses. So, it basically helps you create exactly the same cartoon avatar that you want to make.
How to create a cartoon avatar online on AvatarMaker.net?
The steps to generate a stunning cartoon avatar online using this free online tool called AvatarMaker.net are as follows:
- Firstly, open its website in your favorite web browser.
- Now, select a gender from Male and Female.
- After that, start designing your avatar by choosing its face, eyes, hair, clothes, background, etc.
- You can also use different tools to zoom in on the face, shift the face towards left or right, title the face a little, move the face upwards or downwards, etc.
- It also provides various color options; so you can select the desired color for individual elements.
- When done, click on the download button to save the avatar image in PNG format with 500×500 dimensions.
You can try it here.
Cartoonize.net is another free online tool that lets you create beautiful cartoon avatars. It is quite similar to the above-discussed tool. You can select a gender and then customize its face, eyes, hair, clothes, background, etc. It also lets you generate Gravatars (Globally Recognized Avatar) that you can upload and use on your Gravatar account.
Apart from creating a completely customized cartoon avatar, you can also automatically generate a random cartoon avatar using its random function. It is handy and also saves your time and effort. You can download a created cartoon avatar image in PNG format with 1200×1200 or 500×500 dimensions. It also lets you save the avatar as an SVG vector image. You can also share the avatar directly on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
How to create a cartoon avatar online on Cartoonize.net?
- Firstly, open a web browser and go to Cartoonize.net.
- Now, choose either the Male or Female gender.
- Next, select a face, mouth, eyes, nose, clothes, background, etc.
- You can customize the color of each object too.
- Once finished, share or download the generated cartoon avatar image.
It is another good option to make cartoon avatars for your social media profiles as well as to create Gravatars.
3] Try Canva to make a cartoon avatar
If you use Canva for graphics designing, it can be your other alternative to make cartoon avatars. Canva is a popular online graphics designing tool that lets you create a variety of graphic designs including posters, banners, profile images, eBook cover images, featured images, videos, animations, and much more. It also provides a dedicated section where you can create a cartoon avatar image. The advantage of using Canva is that it also lets you create animated cartoon avatars too. Let us check out how.
How to make a cartoon avatar image using Canva?
To design a cartoon avatar using Canva, you can simply visit its Free avatar maker page in a web browser. After that, click on the Create an avatar button to open up its editing window. Now, in its Templates tab, you can see some free pre-designed cartoon avatar templates. You can use any of them or create a completely new one from scratch.
You can add a face, eyes, nose, mouth, hair, sunglasses, and many other accessories from its Elements tab. Just enter the name of the facial feature or accessory in the search box and then use the desired one from the results. You can place, arrange, and resize the added element on the canvas as per your requirement. Similarly, you can customize the background of the avatar image too from the respective tab.
It also lets you add animated objects to your cartoon avatar. You can also upload existing images and use them if needed.
When your cartoon avatar is complete, you can tap on the Share button and download the image in PNG or PDF format. Apart from that, if you have created an animated cartoon avatar, you can save it as a GIF or MP4 animation. It also lets you share the avatar online via URL.
You can make cartoon avatars using Canva here.
You might also like to check out: Best free Photo to Cartoon online tools and software.
How can I make a cartoon avatar of myself for free?
You can use a free third-party tool to create a cartoon avatar of yourself for free. There is this Microsoft Store app called Avatars+ Anime Maker that lets you upload your image and convert it into a cartoon avatar using various anime stickers. You can also create a carton avatar from scratch using several faces, eyes, sunglasses, clothes, and other options.
How do I create my own avatar?
To create your own avatar image for social media profiles, you can use a free online tool like AvatarMaker.net or Cartoonize.net. These online tools provide all the essential features that you need for creating a beautiful cartoon avatar. There are some free apps on Microsoft Store that you can use for creating avatars, e.g., Pocoyize and Avatars+ Anime Maker.
Where can I create an animated avatar?
For creating an animated avatar, you can use Canva. It provides animated objects in its Elements tab where you can insert objects into your avatar and create an animated avatar. You can save the final animation in GIF or MP4 format.
How do I make a cartoon character of myself?
If you want to cartoonize your images, you can use online tools like Cartoonize, Toonyphotos, Lunapic photo editor, BeFunky, etc. These tools can convert your photos to cartoons.