If you are getting error code 0x80190194 – 0x90019 on Windows, here are some solutions to get rid of this issue. You may get the same error code while using Media Creation Tool or while using Outlook.
Fix Error Code 0x80190194 – 0x90019 on Windows PC
To fix error code 0x80190194 – 0x90019 while using Media Creation Tool or while using Outlook on Windows, go through the list and see which of the suggestions apply to your case:
- Run Windows Update troubleshooter
- Restart Background Intelligence Transfer Service
- Download from Microsoft Update Catalog
- Use Windows 10 Update Assistant
- Download ISO manually
- Opt for better internet connection
- Rename Outlook folder
- Create new profile
- Delete everything in Offline Address Book
To learn more about these steps, you need to keep reading.
1] Run Windows Update troubleshooter
You may use the Windows Update troubleshooter if you get this error message while downloading or installing Windows Update or in Media Creation Tool. On Windows 11 and 10, you do not need to download anything externally since the Windows Settings panel includes this troubleshooter by default. Therefore, do the following:
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters if you use Windows 11.
- Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters if you use Windows 10.
- Find out the Windows Update troubleshooter from the list.
- Click the Run or Run the troubleshooter button.
- Follow the screen instructions.
- Restart your computer and try again.
2] Restart Background Intelligence Transfer Service
BITS or Background Intelligence Transfer Service is directly responsible for running the Windows Update service on your computer. If there is any issue with this particular background service, you will get the error code mentioned above. Therefore, you can restart the service to fix common problems like this. For that, do the following:
- Press Win+R to open the Run prompt.
- Type services.msc and press the Enter button.
- Double-click on the Background Intelligence Transfer Service.
- Click the Stop button.
- Click the Start button.
- Click on the OK button and close all windows.
- Restart your computer.
Now you should be able to download the update without any error.
3] Download from Microsoft Update Catalog
If you get this error message while downloading a Cumulative update on Windows 11/10, you can bypass it using Microsoft Update Catalog. It stores all the updates so that users can download and install them manually. Therefore, head over to the official website of Microsoft Update Catalog at catalog.update.microsoft.com, search for the update, download and install it.
4] Use Windows 10 Update Assistant
Windows 10 Update Assistant helps you update your system to the latest version. You do not need to create an ISO file or anything else. In other words, it is a much time-saving task if you want to update only one computer. To use Windows 10 Update Assistant to update your computer to the latest version of Windows 10, you need to follow this detailed tutorial.
5] Download ISO manually
Although Media Creation Tools enables you to download the official ISO on your computer, you can download it from the official Microsoft website as well. It is quite straightforward, and you do not need to spend much time on it. To download the latest Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft.com, you need to follow this step-by-step guide. If you want to download Windows 11 ISO from Microsoft, you can follow this tutorial.
6] Opt for better internet connection
If you see this error message while downloading an ISO file using Media Creation Tool, ensure that you have a good internet connection. Even if you have a ping loss issue, you may end up getting the same problem. Therefore, it is better to check if your internet connection is working properly or not before trying again.
7] Rename Outlook folder
When you start using Outlook on your computer, it creates a folder to save all the files. At times, Outlook may display this error when there is a conflict in files. You can fix it by renaming the Outlook folder. For that, follow these steps:
- Show all hidden files and folders.
- Go to C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft.
- Right-click on the Outlook folder and select the Rename option.
- Enter a name and press the Enter button.
- Restart your computer.
- Open the Outlook app on your PC and set things up.
8] Create new profile
Creating a new Outlook profile may fix the issue if an internal profile conflict causes this error. Therefore, do the following to create a new profile:
- Open the Outlook app on your computer.
- Click on the File menu.
- Click on Account Settings > Manage Profiles.
- Click on the Yes option.
- Click the Show Profiles button.
- Click on the Add button and enter a name.
- Enter your email account credentials to add your account to the new profile.
- Start Outlook app on your computer.
9] Delete everything in Offline Address Book
If the Offline Address Book folder has some issues, you may get the same error while accessing Outlook app on your computer. Therefore, you can delete contents from the particular folder and check if that solves your issue or not. For that, do the following:
- Open File Explorer on your computer.
- Go to C:\Users\user-name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Offline Address Books
- Select everything in this folder and choose the Delete option.
- Restart your computer and the Outlook app.
How do I fix error code 0x80070020 0x90018?
Depending upon the source of this issue, you can fix error code 0x80070020 by clearing the SoftwareDistribution folder, running Windows Update troubleshooter, etc. If you get this problem in Media Creation Tool, you can opt for Public DNS, change the internet connection, or download the ISO directly.
That’s all! Hope these solutions helped.