If you want to learn how to create a Microsoft Account in Windows 11, then this post will help you. A Microsoft account gives you access to all the apps and premium Microsoft services such as Office, Skype, Xbox Live, Bing, Outlook, etc., and lets you manage everything across multiple devices from a single place via cloud storage. With the latest upgrade Windows 11 version 22H2, a Microsoft account is required to set up a new device with Windows 11 Home and Windows 11 Pro. That means you can’t even boot to the desktop unless you enter your Microsoft account credentials on a Windows 11 PC.
Although you can bypass the need for a Microsoft account, having one to set up Windows 11 will enhance your user experience. Once you sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, the same account will be added to the system apps (such as Microsoft Store) and allow you to have seamless access to the apps. If you’ve already set up Windows 11 and you have a shared PC, you can create different Microsoft Accounts for other users of your PC. This will allow multiple people to use the same device with their own sign-in info, and access their own files, desktop settings, and browser favorites.
How to create a Microsoft Account in Windows 11
In this post, we will show you how to create a Microsoft Account in Windows 11 for yourself, a family member (child) or other users.
1] Create a Microsoft Account for yourself
If you do not have a Microsoft Accoount and want to create one visit https://signup.live.com/signup and enter details like your Email ID, Password, and other security-related questions. Once done, you will have created your Microsft Account with @outlook or @hotmail ID.
2] Create a Microsoft Account in Windows 11 for a family member
In Windows 11, you can create separate child accounts. A child account helps family members stay connected digitally while accessing the Microsoft Family Safety features such as screen time limit, expense tracker, parental control, etc. Here’s how to set up a Windows 11 account for your child:
- Click on the Start button icon in your taskbar area and then click on the Settings icon. Alternatively, you can press the Win + I key combination.
- Click on the Accounts option on the left panel.
- On the right panel, click on Family under Account settings.
- Click on the Add someone button.
- Click on Create one for a child link.
- Enter a valid email in the New email field and click on the Next button.
- Create a password then click on the Next button.
- Enter the First Name and Last Name of the child and click on the Next button.
- Enter the birthdate of the child and click on the Next button.
- Solve the puzzle to finish setting up the account.
Note: To create/add a Microsoft Account in Windows 11, you must be signed in as an administrator.
3] Create a Microsoft Account in Windows 11 for other users
You can create a Microsoft Account to share your PC with other users. Having separate accounts help users access their own system settings, files, browser profiles, etc, on the same PC.
- Go to Windows Settings.
- Then go to Account > Other users.
- Click on the Add Account button.
- Click on the ‘I don’t have this person’s sign-in information‘ link.
- Click on the ‘Get a new email address‘ link.
- Type a valid email and click on the Next button.
- Choose a password and click on the Next button.
- Enter the required data in the following screens and finish setting up the account.
When the user logs into Windows 11 for the first time, he will be required to tap on the Sign in link while being connected to the Internet.
This is all about adding a new Microsoft Account in Windows 11. Hope you find this useful.
How to create a Microsoft Account for Minecraft?
Go to www.minecraft.net and click on the LOG IN option in the top left corner. Then click on Sign up for free! link next to the No Microsoft Account? option. In the Microsoft prompt window, click on Create a new account option. Then click on the Get a new email address link. Then follow the instructions to set up a new Microsoft account for Minecraft.
How to sign up for Microsoft Account using Gmail?
Enter the email address of your Gmail account in the Create account field while setting up a new Microsoft account on Windows 11. Then create a password for the Microsoft account. In the following screens, enter your full name and date of birth information. Solve the puzzle or enter the verification code to finish setting up the account.