This post will show you how to convert CHM to PDF on your Windows 11/10 PC. CHM that stands for Compiled HTML, is a file that primarily contains help documentation and solutions. It is developed by Microsoft and is used by several Windows programs for online help documentation. CHM files are compressed HTML files and they can contain images and hyperlinks along with the text.
Now, if you want to convert a CHM file to a PDF document, how can you do that? Well, we got you covered in that case. In this article, we are going to discuss two main methods using which you can convert your CHM files to PDF format on Windows 11/10.
How do I convert a CHM file to PDF?
You can convert a CHM file to PDF using a free online tool. There are multiple free online tools that enable you to convert CHM files to PDF documents. Also, you can try free software that allows you to perform CHM to PDF conversion like Calibre. We have listed all the online tools and software that you can use for converting CHM to PDF on Windows. You can check them out below.
How to Convert CHM to PDF in Windows 11/10
Here are the main methods to convert CHM files to PDF format on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Convert CHM to PDF using a free online tool.
- Use free software to convert a CHM file to a PDF document.
Let us discuss the above methods in detail now!
1] Convert CHM to PDF using a free online tool
You can use a free online tool to convert a CHM file to PDF format online in a web browser. There are
Let us discuss the above online CHM to PDF converters in detail!
FreeFileConvert is a free online file converter that also lets you convert CHM to PDF. It is used for the conversion of different types of files from one format to another. You can convert audio, video, image, archive, presentation, ebooks, font, and vector files using. It lets you convert CHM files to PDF as well as other formats like RTF, TXT, EPUB, AZW3, MOBI, PDB, etc.
The process to perform CHM to PDF conversion is quite easy using this tool. Here are the main steps to convert files using it:
- First, open a web browser.
- Now, go to its website; make sure you are on its CHM to PDF converter page.
- Next, import one or more CHM files to this online service from your local device, URL, or Google Drive or Dropbox.
- After that, set the output format to PDF.
- Finally, click on the Convert button to start the CHM to PDF conversion process.
When the conversion is done, you can download the resulting PDF documents to your device. To try this tool, head over to its website.
You can also use AConvert.com which is a great free website to convert CHM to PDF. It can convert CHM and other eBook formats (CBZ, AZW, DJVU, HTML, MOBI, etc.) to PDF documents. You can also perform batch conversion through it. Apart from eBooks, it can convert documents, images, audio, videos, and more with it.
Follow the below steps to convert CHM to PDF using this free online tool:
- First, launch a web browser.
- Now, open the AConvert.com website.
- Next, add the source CHM files from local storage, online file, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
- After that, choose output format to PDF.
- Lastly, press the Convert button and when that conversion is done, download the output PDF files.
You can try it here.
Related read: How to convert an eBook into an Audiobook in Windows 11/10
CloudConvert, as the name suggests, is a free cloud-based file converter. Using it, you can convert a number of file formats including CHM to PDF. It can be used for the conversion of over 200+ file formats. You can perform batch conversion through it. However, its free plan lets you convert at most 25 files per day.
Now, follow the below steps to convert CHM to PDF:
- Firstly, you need to start a web browser.
- Now, simply open this website.
- Next, you can select the source CHM files from your computer, URL link, OneDrive, Google Drive, or Dropbox.
- After that, set the target format to PDF.
- Then, press the Convert button to start the conversion.
- Finally, you can just download the resulting PDF document from its server to your PC.
Similarly, you can also convert CHM files to other file formats as per your requirement.
One more online tool that you can try to convert CHM to PDF is ConvertFiles.com. It is a free website that supports the conversion of audio, video, presentation, drawing, image, eBook, and more filetypes. You can easily convert CHM to PDF using it.
To use it, simply open this website in a web browser and then import a local CHM file. After that, select output as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) and press the Convert button. Doing so will provide the output PDF that you can download to your PC.
Try this online CHM to PDF converter here.
PDFCandy is a great all-in-one PDF utility tool that offers various handy PDF features. You can use this service to convert CHM to PDF online. First, go to this website in a browser and open its CHM to PDF converter page here. Then, just import your CHM file to this online tool. You can import source files from your local PC or cloud storage like Google Drive and Dropbox. It will now process and convert your CHM file to PDF in a matter of some time. Download the resulting file or upload it to your cloud storage account.
See: Read DjVu books on PC using free DjVu Reader software or websites
2] Use free software to convert a CHM file to a PDF document
The second method to convert CHM to PDF is to use dedicated free software. You can some free software on the web that enable you to convert your CHM documents to PDF files. To help you out, we are mentioning some free software here that you can try:
- CHM to PDF
Let us now discuss these software in detail.
1] CHM to PDF
CHM to PDF is a dedicated software to convert CHM to PDF on Windows 11/10. It lets you convert a single CHM file to PDF at a time. Before conversion, you can also set up some output options like grayscale PDF, Do not print background, low quality, and more. You can start the conversion after configuring these options.
Follow the below steps to convert CHM to PDF using this dedicated software for Windows 11/10:
- First, download and install this software on your Windows PC.
- Next, launch the GUI of this software.
- Now, browse and choose an input CHM file that you want to convert.
- After that, select the output PDF file by clicking on the Save As button.
- Then, set up the output options according to your requirements.
- Finally, click the Convert button to convert CHM to PDF.
Download it from here.
Read: How to convert PDF document to a multipage TIFF image in Windows
Calibre is one of the most popular eBook manager software for Windows 11/10. It is free and open-source software and lets you convert CHM to PDF. The good thing is that it lets you batch convert CHM to PDF. So, you can import multiple CHM documents to it and then convert them all to PDF documents at once. It also lets you read the source CHM file.
How to batch convert CHM to PDF in Calibre
Here are the steps to batch convert CHM files to PDF in Calibre on Windows 11/10:
- Firstly, download and install Calibre on your PC.
- Now, launch this software to start using it.
- Next, click on the Add books button and browse and import one or more CHM files that you want to convert.
- After that, select the added CHM files from its interface and press the Convert books > Bulk Convert button.
- Then, set the output format to PDF and configure output options as per your preferences.
- Finally, press the OK button to start the batch CHM to PDF conversion process.
It will process CHM files and save the output at a pre-specified location.
How do I open a CHM file?
To open a CHM file on Window 11/10, you just need to double-click on the file and then select the Microsoft HTML Help executable program to open it up. HTML Help executable program is provided by Microsoft to open CHM files on Windows PC. You can also use the Calibre software to open and view CHM files. It provides an inbuilt eBook reader that lets you view and read CHM and other eBooks like EPUB, MOBI, LIT, PDB, PDF, and more. Apart from that, you can also use Sumatra PDF or FB Reader to open a CHM file on Windows 11/10 PC.
Hope this helps!