WinZip is a well-known utility that allows you to archive and compress files so that they can be more readily saved or shared. In addition to this, the program has a number of tools with additional uses. WinZip is a very useful program, but you might not always require it to zip or unzip files on your computer. Moreover, the program is paid, so you will need to subscribe even if you just want to complete a minor work after the trial period.
Aside from that, you can have another motive for wanting the program uninstalled from your computer: you don’t need it anymore. However, some Windows users have trouble removing this program from their system. So, in the following section, we’ll go through different methods you can use to uninstall WinZip from Windows 11/10 computers.
Why can I not delete WinZip on my computer?
WinZip is probably still running on your computer if you are unable to delete it from Windows completely. As a result, you should exit the program from Task Manager. After that, uninstall the software using one of the methods covered in this article.
How to completely uninstall WinZip in Windows 11/10
To completely uninstall WinZip from your Windows 11/10 computer you can follow any one of these methods:
- Use Control Panel
- Uninstall WinZip through the Program Files folder
- Using Windows Settings
- Uninstall WinZip via Registry Editor
- Use Bloatware Removal Tool
- Use a third-party uninstaller program
Now let us see them in detail.
1] Use Control Panel to Uninstall WinZip
The Control Panel is a common and simple method for uninstalling programs on a Windows computer. With this option, you can uninstall WinZip on a Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer through the following instructions
- Press Windows + R to open the Run Command Box.
- Now, type control panel into the run box and press Enter.
- This command will open Control Panel; click on Programs and Features on the Control Panel window.
- Navigate to WinZip, right-click it and select Uninstall.
- Select Yes in the next window to confirm the operation.
Now, all you have to do is wait till the app is fully uninstalled. However, if you are not able to use this approach successfully, you can try the next method.
Read: How to uninstall Programs not listed in Control Panel
2] Uninstall WinZip through the Program Files
Each application on your computer are stored in a folder in File Explorer and these apps come with their uninstaller files as well. These are the steps to use the Program Files approach to uninstall WinZip from your Windows 11/10 computer:
- Press Windows + R to open the Run Command Box.
- Type C:\Program Files\WinZip\uninstall64.exe and press Enter.
- Select Yes on the resulting Windows popup to kickstart the process.
Uninstall64.exe can also be run directly to the WinZip Program File in File Explorer. You should be aware that the program’s file path depends on where your program files are saved in Windows File Explorer.
3] Using Windows Settings
You can also uninstall WinZip from your computer by going through Windows Settings. We’ll walk you through the simple and clear steps for using this method below:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings on your computer.
- Click on Apps and select Apps & features.
- On the App list, navigate to WinZip and tap on the three-dot icon in front of it.
- Now, click on Uninstall.
4] Uninstall WinZip via Registry Editor
Windows Registry, as a database that stores configuration settings for your Windows Operating System, can also be used to uninstall WinZip by making use of the Registry Editor. The following are the steps to make use of this method:
- Press Windows + R to open the run command box, type regedit, and hit Enter.
- On the Windows Registry, navigate to the path below:
- Programs on your PC will be shown under the Uninstall key, but some will be represented with a mix of numbers and letters, so you may not recognize WinZip. You must click on each key to identify WinZip from the list by checking the values on the right pane.
- After identifying WinZip, left-click on it to show its details.
- Double-click UninstallString on the right pane and copy its value which should look like what we have below.
- Now, press Windows + R again, paste the value you copied in the run command box, and hit Enter.
All you have to do is follow the prompts the command brings, and the program will be uninstalled from your computer in a short time.
5] Use the Bloatware Removal Tool
Windows pre-installed programs and third-party software can be uninstalled from your computer with an open-source program called Bloatware Removal Tool. In case the previous methods are not working, or you simply can’t use them, Bloatware Removal Tool is another option you have to uninstall WinZip on your computer.
- Download Bloatware Removal Tool and extract the batch file.
- Right-click the Bloatware-Removal-Utility.bat file and select Run as Administrator.
- Select Yes and wait some time for the utility to load up.
- Tick WinZip on the program list and click the Remove Selected menu.
- Press Y on the Powershell window to kickstart the process.
6] Use a third-party uninstaller program
A number of third-party applications are also available and you can use these free software uninstallers to remove apps from your computer. WinZip may be uninstalled with this application, which basically makes it simpler to uninstall apps from your computer.
Among these uninstaller programs, some of the recommended choices are Revo Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, and Wise Program Uninstaller.
Also read: How to remove Leftover Files after Uninstall in Windows
Is WinZip preinstalled on Windows?
No, WinZip is not preinstalled on Windows computers. WinZip is a third-party tool for compressing and archiving files and folders. If you find the software on your computer, it was presumably installed with an application or by someone else.