An email signature is a text that is added at the end of an email. It helps receivers know the professional details of the sender, like the sender’s name, organization’s name, contact number, etc. You can create a custom signature in Outlook.com and add it to your email messages to make them look more professional. This tutorial discusses the process to add a signature in Outlook.com.
How to add an Email Signature in Outlook.com
The process to add a signature in Outlook.com is different from the process to add a signature in the Outlook desktop app. The following steps will guide you on how to add a signature in Outlook.com.
- Launch your web browser and log in to Outlook.com using your credentials.
- Click on the gear-shaped icon on the top right side to open its settings.
- Click View all Outlook Settings.
- Click Mail and then select the Compose and Reply category.
- Click on the New Signature button and give a name to your signature.
- Now, type your signature in the required field. You can use the formatting tools provided there to add an image or logo of your company and to change the formatting style of your signature.
- Click on the Save button.
Similarly, by following the above steps, you can create multiple email signatures in Outlook.com.
When you scroll down, you will see the following two options to select the default signature.
- For New Messages
- For Replies/Forwards
The above two options are used to add email signature automatically to all new emails, replies, and forwards. Simply click on the drop-down menu and select your email signature. When you are done, click on the Save button.
If you do not want the email signature to be added automatically to all new email messages or replies/forwards, select No signature in the For New Messages and For Replies/Forwards drop-down menus, and click Save.
Add Signature to New emails & Replies/Forwards in Outlook on the Web
You can also add your signature manually to new email messages and to replies or forwards. Simply follow the steps written below:
- Log in to your Outlook account in your web browser.
- Click on the New Message button to compose a new email or open an email to reply and forward it.
- Now, click on the three horizontal dots at the bottom and then click on the Insert signature option.
- Select the email signature that you want to insert into your message.
How do I set up my email signature in Outlook?
You can set up an email signature in Outlook from Outlook Options. Simply launch the Outlook desktop app and go to “Outlook > Options > Mail > Signatures.” Now, under the E-mail Signatures tab, click on the New button and then create your signature.
Where is the signature option in Outlook 365 app?
The signature option in Outlook 365 app is available in the Settings panel. To set up an email signature in Outlook 365 app, log in to Outlook 365, then open its Settings. Now, go to “Mail > Compose and reply” and create a new email signature.
How do I get my signature in Outlook?
First, you have to create a signature in Outlook. After creating an email signature, you can add it to any of your email messages by clicking on the Signature option under the Include group. The Signature option is available in the Message menu.
Hope this helps.
Read next: How to disable Spell Check in Office 365.