If Ghostwire Tokyo keeps crashing, freezing, stuttering or lagging on your Windows 11/10 PC, then here is a complete guide on how to fix the issue. Ghostwire Tokyo is an action-adventure game developed by Tango Gameworks which was recently released. Although it is a new game, it has already garnered the attention of gaming enthusiasts. However, some gamers have also reported experiencing crashes and freezing issues with the game.
Many users reported that the game keeps on crashing at startup, while some gamers experienced crashes in the middle of the gameplay. Some users also reported that the games keep on freezing every now and then. Now, if you are also facing the same issue, we got you covered. In this guide, we are going to show you multiple fixes that helped affected users fix the problem at hand. You can also try these fixes and get rid of crashes or freezing issues on the Ghostwire Tokyo game.
Why does Ghostwire Tokyo keep crashing or freezing on PC?
There can be different reasons for individuals to experience crashes and freezing issues with Ghostwire Tokyo. Here are the potential causes of the issue:
- It can be caused due to outdated or faulty graphics drivers. Hence, try updating the GPU card driver to the latest version to fix the issue.
- In case you are dealing with bad or corrupted game files of Ghostwire Tokyo, it will cause a problem with the launch of the game. So, if the scenario is applicable, you can try verifying the integrity of the game files to resolve the issue.
- If you haven’t installed the latest game patch, it can also cause the same issue at hand. Hence, install the latest game patch to fix the issue.
- The problem at hand can also be triggered if the latest version of DirectX is not installed on your PC. If the scenario is applicable, you should be able to fix the issue by installing the DirectX 12 version on your system.
- If you have enabled overclocking on your PC, it can cause issues with your games. So, disable overclocking to fix the issue.
- Another potential cause of the issue at hand can be the use of the Overlay function. Hence, disable the overlay function to fix the problem.
- Your overprotective antivirus suite might be preventing the game from launching normally and causing it to crash. So, try disabling your antivirus to resolve the issue.
Ghostwire Tokyo keeps crashing, freezing, stuttering or lagging
Here are the fixes that you can try if Ghostwire Tokyo keeps crashing, freezing, stuttering or lagging on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Update your graphics drivers.
- Verify the integrity of game files.
- Install the latest game patch.
- Install the latest DirectX version.
- Stop overclocking (if applicable).
- Turn off Steam Overlay.
- Temporarily disable third-party antivirus software.
1] Update your graphics drivers
The first thing you should do to fix the issue is to check your graphics drivers and make sure you are using the latest version. We have discussed a lot of times how graphics drivers play a prominent role in the smooth working of heavy-duty video games. Outdated and corrupted graphics driver often causes problems with the game. So, if Ghostwire Tokyo keeps on crashing or freezing on your PC< there are high chances that you are dealing with faulty GPU drivers.
Hence, you will need to update the graphics drivers to fix the issue. There are multiple ways to update graphics drivers that are as follow:
- You can update graphics drivers via Optional Updates; just open the Settings app and go to the Windows Update > Optional Updates section. From here, you can easily download and install the available updates for your graphics drivers.
- Another way to install the latest version of the graphics driver is to visit the official website of the device manufacturer and download the latest drivers from there.
- You can also use the Device Manager to update your graphics drivers.
- If you want to update your graphics and other drivers automatically, you can use a free third-party driver updater.
After updating your graphics drivers, try launching the game and see if the problem is fixed or not. If not, you can try the next potential fix to resolve the issue.
2] Verify the integrity of game files
The reason that the Ghostwire Tokyo game keeps crashing or freezing on your PC can be due to corrupted game files. If you are dealing with corrupted, broken, or missing game files, it is likely to crash or freeze and you won’s enjoy smooth gameplay. Hence, you can try verifying the integrity of game files and then see if the problem is fixed or not.
Here’s how you can verify the integrity of the game files of Ghostwire Tokyo:
- Firstly, open Steam and navigate to its LIBRARY section.
- Now, simply right-click on Ghostwire Tokyo’s game title and select the Properties option.
- Next, move to the Local Files tab in the Properties screen.
- After that, tap on the Verify Integrity of game files button and wait for the verification process to complete.
- Finally, when the process is complete, restart your PC and launch the Ghostwire Tokyo game and see if it still freezes or crashes.
If the problem still persists, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve it.
3] Install the latest game patch
If you are using the outdated version of the game, it might cause crashes or freezing issues with the game. Hence, it is recommended to install all the latest game patches as the new updates fix bugs and stability issues with the game. Steam automatically detects the new game patches that you can download and install. After installing the latest game patch, relaunch the game and see if the problem is fixed or not.
If the crashing or freezing problem still persists, you can go ahead with the next potential fix to resolve the issue.
4] Install the latest DirectX version
Most of the games including Ghostwire Tokyo require the latest version of DirectX to run properly. Hence, make sure you have installed the latest version of DirectX. If not, simply install the most recent version i.e., DirectX 12 to fix the issue.
You can go to the Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime Web Install page and download the latest version from there. After that, run the installer and complete the installation of DirectX 12. Then, reboot your PC, launch the game, and check whether or not the problem is fixed.
5] Stop overclocking (if applicable)
Overclocking sure helps in speeding up your PC but can also be problematic. In case you are using overclocking on your system, it can cause stability issues with your applications and games. Hence, it is recommended to disable overclocking and then see if the Ghostwire Tokyo game still crashes or freezes or not.
6] Turn off Steam Overlay
The Overlay feature is a handy and convenient function. However, a lot of reports suggest that it can also interrupt with regular working of your games and cause your games to crash or freeze. So, if the scenario is applicable, you can disable the Overlay feature for Ghostwire Tokyo on Steam to fix the issue. Here is how you can do that:
- Firstly, start the Steam application and navigate to its LIBRARY section.
- Now, locate the Ghostwire Tokyo same and right-click on it.
- From the appeared context menu, select the Properties option.
- Next, in the GENERAL tab, make sure the Enable Steam Overlay while in-game option is unchecked.
- Finally, try relaunching the game and see if the problem is fixed.
In case the Ghostwire Tokyo still crashes or freezes on your PC, you can try the next potential fix to resolve it.
7] Temporarily disable third-party antivirus software
The crashing or freezing issues with the Ghostwire Tokyo game can also be caused due to your overprotective antivirus suite. It can be blocking the process associated with the game or preventing the game from launching normally due to false-positives alarms. Hence, you can try disabling your antivirus and then see if the game launches normally. If yes, you can be sure your antivirus was the one causing the issue.
Now, if you find out the main culprit is your antivirus, you can try adding the game launcher (Steam) and the Ghostwire Tokyo executables to the exceptions/ exclusion list of your antivirus. This way you can let your antivirus protect your system without affecting your game.
Why does my game keep crashing?
If your game keeps on crashing, it can be due to outdated device drivers. Besides that, it can also be caused due to corrupted or broken game files, using the outdated game version, etc.
What to do if a game keeps crashing on PC?
If a game keeps on crashing on PC, update all your device drivers and verify the game files. Other than that, you can also try verifying the integrity of game files, installing the latest game patches, disabling overclocking, etc. You can try the fixes we have listed in this post.