Are you looking for free alternatives to Camtasia for Windows 11/10? Your hunt ends here. Camtasia is often considered one of the best screen recording and video editing software available. However, not everyone can afford the price tag that comes with it and som want to consider a free alternative.
Luckily, several free alternatives to Camtasia offer similar features and functionality for Windows users. These alternatives provide a great solution for those who need to create professional-looking videos without breaking the bank.
What is the Camtasia video editing software?
Camtasia is a complete tool for those looking to record screen and voice and even edit under one roof. While recording the screen and voice simultaneously, you can also assemble the saved files later. It’s an easy-to-use tool that allows you to choose from a wide range of templates, presets, overlays, and music for professional-looking videos.
However, it’s expensive and, hence, is out of reach for most users. So, in this post, we will walk you through the best free alternatives to Camtasia for Windows that would give you almost the same features without any investment.
Best Free Camtasia alternatives for Windows 11/10
Talking about alternatives to the Camtasia for Windows, not all offer both features: screen recording and video editing. While OBS studio is popular for its screen casting and live streaming feature, it does not offer a video editor. It needs a separate plug-in to edit your videos. Hence, we have carefully handpicked the 5 best Camtasia alternatives for Windows just for you.
My personal favorite is Shotcut, which is free and open-source software for both screen recording and video editing. It’s a cross-platform video editor that offers a wide range of features for free. Some of its key features include:
- A wide range of audio and video formats like 4K resolutions, FFmpeg, etc.
- Import media easily with its user-friendly interface and drag-and-drop support.
- Play with the video editor software with options like cut, copy, paste, trim, and more.
- Blur the video background, apply transitions, and more with the filters and effects.
- Experiment with your audio files by mixing tracks, adding music from the library or your own, controlling sound levels, etc.
What’s more? You can even export your edited videos in different formats and resolutions.
Another great addition to the list is, Kdenlive, which is a free and open-source software for screen grabs and video editing. Kdenlive is the short-form for KDE Non-Linear Video Editor.
Some of its significant features include:
- Multi-track video and audio editing support on Linux, Windows, and macOS.
- An easy-to-use interface that allows you to arrange and edit videos on the timeline.
- Proxy editing helps you with seamless editing even on underperforming hardware.
- Good collection of audio and video effects, and also transitions for enhanced audio and video output.
- Keyframe animation allows you to create animations.
Apart from the above, it also supports various audio and video formats, exports the output in various formats, and is free to use, modify, and distribute.
If you aim to find free Camtasia alternatives for Windows that serve as both screen recording and video editing software, then Movavi is a great choice. Among its other important features are:
- Allows you to record in full-screen or a custom area.
- Webcam recording and the option to draw on recordings in real time.
- Option to highlight using mouse cursor and keystrokes.
- Built-in video editor with useful tools, along with AI tools for background/noise removal, or motion tracking.
Additional features like the option to add titles, overlays, transitions, etc. make it a great free alternative.
Formerly known as Screencast-O-Matic, ScreenPal is another trusted name in the category of screen recording and video editing software. It’s a simple platform that allows you to easily capture, edit, and even communicate with photos and videos.
Some of its other major features include:
- A fast, free, and user-friendly screen recorder.
- The video editor allows you to add texts, videos, images, and overlays at no extra cost.
- Option to add animations, green screen effects, automated cations, etc.
- Screen capture function with the option to mark up with text, highlights, and so on.
What’s more? You can also take advantage of its integrated stock library to enhance your videos.
EzVid for Windows is a cool screen recording and video editing software that’s the most uncomplicated of all. It offers a simple yet fast screen recording and video editing experience that’s fun to use.
Here are some key features to look out for:
- A prompt Facecam and Voice fusion.
- An instant slideshow maker, option to draw on the screen, and built-in free music.
- Screen capture option for games, desktop, and even browser.
- Easily control video speed and more on all Windows versions.
Once you have created your desired video, you can then edit the videos by adding texts and images, rearranging content, modifying speed, and doing more.
Is Camtasia still good?
Yes, Camtasia is still the most highly recommended choice for video editing, despite its price tag. While it’s easy to use, it’s also known for high-quality output that makes it ideal for beginners looking for professional-grade videos. The regular updates and powerful features uphold its reputation as a trusted tool for content creators.
TIP: Go here if you are looking for Portable Video Editors.
What is the Adobe equivalent to Camtasia?
If you are looking for Adobe’s equivalent to Camtasia, it would be Adobe Premiere Pro. It’s a powerful video editing software that comes with the Adobe Creative Cloud suite. Along with advanced video and audio editing capabilities, Adobe Premiere Pro also offers VR content creation.
Read next: Best free Snagit alternatives for Windows PC.