Is Ubisoft Connect taking a high CPU usage on your Windows PC? Ubisoft Connect is a popular game launcher for Windows PC to play a variety of Ubisoft games. Many users have reported that the Ubisoft Connect app consumes a high CPU usage on their PC. This results in the deterioration of overall system performance and other apps and games. Hence, it becomes crucial to fix the problem.
Now, you might be experiencing the issue at hand due to several reasons. It could be caused if your Ubisoft Connect app is not updated or if there is a virus present on your computer that is triggering the issue at hand. A corrupted installation of the app can be another reason causing the high CPU usage of Ubisoft Connect.
Some of the affected users experienced the issue at hand right after enabling the overlay option. In that case, the official support team has recommended disabling the in-game overlay on Ubisoft Connect to fix the problem.
If you are also experiencing the same problem and want to get rid of it, this post will help you. Here, we will be discussing different fixes that will resolve the problem of Ubisoft Connect’s high CPU usage.
Fix Ubisoft Connect High CPU Usage ton Windows PC
To fix the issue of high CPU usage of Ubisoft Connect on your Windows PC, you can use the below solutions:
- Reboot your computer.
- Run Ubisoft Connect as an administrator.
- Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay.
- Make sure that the Ubisoft Connect app is up-to-date.
- Perform a virus scan on your PC.
- Set the priority of Ubisoft Connect to Low.
- Reinstall Ubisoft Connect.
1] Reboot your computer
Restarting your PC seems like an effective fix to resolve the issue at hand. It will clear the memory and eliminate all the temporary issues which might be causing high CPU usage of Ubisoft Connect. So, if the issue is triggered due to a temporary glitch in your system, rebooting would fix it. Simply restart your computer and then open Ubisoft Connect to check whether it still takes high CPU usage or not. If yes, you can move on to the below fixes to resolve the problem.
2] Run Ubisoft Connect as an administrator
The next thing you can do is launch Ubisoft Connect with administrator rights. You might be facing the problem at hand due to a user access control issue. Hence, run the Ubisoft Connect app as an administrator to fix the issue. Right-click on the shortcut of Ubisoft Connect and select the Run as administrator option from the context menu. If the app runs without excess CPU usage, great. And, you can make the game launcher run with admin privileges always to avoid the issue permanently.
Here is how you can run Ubisoft Connect with admin privileges always on Windows 11/10:
- Firstly, close the Ubisoft Connect app completely using Task Manager.
- After that, open File Explorer using Win+E, navigate to the installation folder of Ubisoft Connect, and right-click on the executable file.
- Now, from the appeared context menu, select the Properties option and go to the Compatibility tab in the Properties window.
- Next, tick the Run this program as an administrator checkbox under the Settings section.
- Finally, press the Apply > OK button to save new configurations.
If the problem remains the same, you can move on to the next potential fix to resolve the issue of high CPU usage of Ubisoft Connect.
3] Disable Ubisoft Connect Overlay
As per several user reports, the high CPU usage of Ubisoft Connect occurs after enabling the overlay feature. Hence, it is recommended to disable the Ubisoft Connect overlay and then see if the problem is fixed or not. Here are the steps to do so:
- Firstly, go to the Ubisoft Connect app and ensure that you have logged in with your Ubisoft account.
- Next, tap on the three-bar menu button present in the top left corner.
- Now, choose the Settings option from the appeared options.
- After that, navigate to the General tab and disable the Enable in-game overlay for supported games option by unchecking the checkbox.
- Finally, restart the Ubisoft Connect PC application and check if the app still consumes a high CPU usage or not.
If the problem is still the same, try the next potential solution to get rid of the issue at hand.
4] Make sure that the Ubisoft Connect app is up-to-date
You might be dealing with the issue at hand if you are using an old version of the Ubisoft Connect app. There might be a bug in the app which is why it is taking high CPU usage. The developers keep releasing new updates to address previous bugs and improve app stability. Hence, it is always recommended to keep your apps up-to-date. So, update the Ubisoft Connect app to its most recent version and see if the problem is fixed or not.
You can download the latest version of the app from its official website. And, then install it on your PC to update the existing Ubisoft Connect app. After that, launch the app and see if the high CPU usage of Ubisoft Connect is fixed or not.
Read: A Ubisoft service is currently unavailable on Windows.
5] Perform a virus scan on your PC
If none of the above solutions worked for you, try running a virus scan on your Windows PC. There might be some malware or virus which is causing the issue at hand. So, running a virus and eliminating or quarantining potential threats and viruses might help you fix the issue. Open your antivirus software and run a Quick scan to identify existing viruses or threats on your computer. Once the scan is done, you can remove or quarantine identified threats. After that, reboot your computer and run Ubisoft Connect to check if the problem is fixed or not. If not, try the next potential fix.
6] Set the priority of Ubisoft Connect to Low
The next thing you can do is set the priority for Ubisoft Connect to low and then check if the problem is resolved or not. It is a workaround if you want to reduce the CPU usage of Ubisoft Connect and free up some system resources for other applications and games. You can use the Task Manager app to do so. Here’s how to do that:
- Firstly, press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc hotkey to open your Task Manager app.
- Now, in the Processes tab, right-click on the Ubisoft Connect app and select the Go to details option.
- After that, press right-click on the Ubisoft Connect process, go to the Set priority option, and select Below Normal or Low.
- Once done, reboot your PC and launch Ubisoft Connect to check if the problem is fixed or not.
See: Unable to start the game on Ubisoft Connect.
7] Reinstall Ubisoft Connect
The last resort to fix the issue is to reinstall the Ubisoft Connect app on your PC. It is a known fact that corrupted or infected installation of an app or game triggers issues like high CPU usage. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, reinstall a clean version of Ubsifot Connect and see if the problem is resolved.
To reinstall the app, first, uninstall the Ubisoft Connect app from your PC. Here are the steps to do so:
- First, open Task Manager and close all the processes related to Ubisoft Connect.
- Then, go to the installation directory of Ubisoft Connect on your PC and create a backup of the savegames folder.
- Now, launch the Settings app using Win+I and go to Apps > Installed apps.
- Next, locate the Ubisoft Connect app and click on the three-dot menu button.
- After that, select the Uninstall option and follow the prompted instructions to remove Ubisoft Connect from your computer.
- Once done, make sure to remove the residual and leftover files of the app to completely uninstall the app.
- Finally, reboot your PC and download the latest version of Ubisoft Connect from its official website. You can then install the app again and see if the problem is resolved or not.
Hopefully, the Ubisoft Connect app will run smoothly now without excessive CPU usage.
Now read: Fix Ubisoft Connect app not working on Windows PC.
How do I fix 100 CPU usage Rainbow Six Siege?
If Rainbow Six Seige is taking excessive CPU usage, try lowering your graphics settings and see if the problem is resolved. You can also use some other fixes like restarting your computer, launching Rainbow Six Siege as an administrator, running a virus scan, updating the game, etc. If nothing works, you can reinstall the Rainbow Six Siege game to fix the problem.
How do I get rid of Ubisoft Connect CPU below?
To get rid of Ubisoft Connect, you can follow the seventh solution mentioned in this article. In other words, you can use in-built application uninstaller included in the Windows Settings. Apart from that, you can use third-party software uninstaller tools as well.