In this post, we will talk about some solutions to fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80073d0a. There are several Microsoft Store errors that occur on a Windows operating system. Each of these errors has a separate error code. One of these Microsoft Store errors is 0x80073d0a that indicates the Windows Defender Firewall Service is not working. This error prevents users from downloading and updating apps from Microsoft Store. The error message that Windows Store displays on the screen look like this:
Try that again, Something went wrong. The error code is 0x80073D0A, in case you need it.
If you experience the same error on your Windows 11/10 computer, the solutions listed in this post may help you fix it.
Fix Microsoft Store Error 0x80073d0a
You can try the following solutions and see if any of them helps.
- Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
- Check the status of Windows Defender Firewall Service.
- Reset Microsoft Store or clear Microsoft Store Cache.
- Re-register Microsoft Store apps.
Let’s have a detailed look at these troubleshooting methods.
1] Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter
A troubleshooter is an automated tool that helps users fix several problems on their computers, Run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter and see if it fixes the problem. We have listed the steps to run this tool on both Windows 11 and Windows 10 operating systems.
The following steps will help you run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter:
- Click on the Search icon and type Settings. Select the Settings app from the search results.
- In the Settings app, go to “System > Troubleshoot.”
- On the Troubleshoot page, click on the Other troubleshooters tab.
- Scroll down and click on the Run button next to the Windows Store Apps.
Follow the instructions below:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to “Update & Security > Troubleshoot.”
- Click on the Additional troubleshooters link on the right side.
- Now, scroll down and click Windows Store Apps.
- Click Run the troubleshooter.
After the troubleshooting process gets completed, check if the issue is fixed or not.
2] Check the status of Windows Defender Firewall Service
As explained earlier, that the error code 0x80073d0a is associated with the Windows Defender Firewall Service. Some users have given feedback that they were getting this error on Microsoft Store because Windows Defender Firewall Service was not running on their computer. Check the status of this service on your system. If it is stopped, start it.
The following steps will help you with that:
- Press Win + R keys to launch the Run command box. Type
services.mscand click OK. This will launch the Services app.
- In the Services app, scroll down to locate Windows Defender Firewall.
- Once you find it, right-click on it and select Properties.
- In the Properties window, set the Startup type to Automatic and check the Service status.
- If the Service status is showing Stopped, click on the Start button to run the service.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Now, check if you can install or update the apps from Microsoft Store. If not, try the next solution.
Related: Windows Firewall service does not start.
3] Reset Microsoft Store or clear Microsoft Store cache
Resetting the Microsoft Store may fix the problem of Microsoft Store apps installation or update failure. Try this method and see if it brings any changes.
4] Re-register Microsoft Store apps
If none of the above solutions worked for you, re-register Microsoft Store apps and see if it helps. Re-registering Microsoft Store apps is helpful when you are receiving issues with multiple Store apps. Since this Microsoft Store Error 0x80073d0a causes apps installation or updates to fail, re-registering the Store apps may fix the problem.
How do I restore Microsoft Store?
You can restore the Microsoft Store by resetting it or clearing the Microsoft Store Apps cache. We have explained the process above in this article.
How do I fix error 0x80070422?
You may experience the Windows Update error 0x80070422 while downloading Windows Update. Usually, this error occurs when the BITS (Background Intelligent Transfer Service) or Windows Update Service has been stopped or disabled. You can fix this error by restarting the Windows Update Service.
Hope this article helped you solve your problem.