One of the most popular games for a lot of people is the new FIFA game. It’s quite an outstanding game to play and a lot of people really love it. But recently, many users have reported getting stuck on the initial loading screen after opening FIFA 2022 on their computers. The issue has plagued many online users and they are searching for solutions on forums and other web pages. If you have experienced a similar issue and are now looking for a solution, you may find this article useful.
FIFA 2022 not loading or working on PC
If FIFA 2022 is not loading or working on your Windows 11/10 PC, you can use the below suggestions:
- Repair the game
- Update your graphics driver
- Update the game
- Delete the FIFA ProgramData and AppData files
- Reinstall the game
Let’s now see them in detail:
1] Repair the game
The game may not work properly if there are any missing or corrupted game files. In such a case, you will need to repair the game and see if it solves the problem. Here are the steps you can take:
- Open the application first.
- From the left pane, click My Game Library.
- After that, select FIFA 2022 from the list.
- Under the Play button, click the Settings (gear) icon.
- Click Repair in the list.
After performing the steps above, it will probably take a few minutes for the game to be scanned and repaired defective files. Thereafter you can check if the crashing issue is still present. If it is, try the next method.
2] Update your graphics driver
A broken or outdated graphics driver may also cause FIFA 2022 to crash. In this case, you should update your graphics driver to the latest version and see if that fixes the problem.
3] Update the game
An outdated version of the game is another reason for the error you’re experiencing. This is usually the result of the game not having the latest version of the game installed. Below are the steps you can use to update the game.
- Click on the My Game Library option.
- Select FIFA 2022 from the list.
- Click the Settings (gear) icon under the Play button.
- Select Update Game from the menu.
4] Delete the FIFA ProgramData and AppData files
One more reason why you’re experiencing the error is some corrupted files that are stored in those folders might cause FIFA 2022 not to load or work on your computer. In such a case, you can get rid of this problem by clearing the FIFA ProgramData and AppData files. Here are the steps:
- In the Origin app, select the Origin option at the top left of the screen.
- Click on Sign Out in the menu list.
- Once you have logged out, close the Origin app.
- Now open the Run command by pressing the Windows+R keyboard shortcut.
- Type %programdata% in the search box and press Enter.
- Inside the ProgramData folder, locate and double click on the Origin folder.
- The next step is to delete all of the contents in this folder except LocalContent.
- Now close the running folder and open the Run dialog box again.
- In the search box, type %appdata% and press the Enter key.
- Next, search for the Origin folder and delete it.
- Once you have completed the above steps, open Origin and Sign in.
- You can then open FIFA 22 and it should work this time.
5] Reinstall the game
If nothing else works, you could uninstall the game and reinstall it. You can expect the process to take about 30 minutes because of the sheer size of this game.
How popular is the game FIFA?
As of 2021, FIFA series video games have sold over 325 million copies. In fact, it now holds the world record for selling the most video games in a sports franchise ever.
Why is FIFA 22 stuck on initializing?
If you have a device that runs the old-gen version of the game, it might take too long to load. You should run the new-gen version of the game if the Initializing screen seems to be causing you trouble.