Several users have reported that they are unable to print anything using their Epson Printer. When trying to do the same, the following error appears on their Printer screen.
Printer error. Contact Epson Support
Non-Printing features are available.
The error codes mentioned could be 000043, 034004, 000021, 000031, 000025, 031006, etc. But if you see Non-printing features are available on Epson Printer then try the solutions mentioned in this post.
Fix Epson Printer Error, Non-printing features are available
If you see Printing error, Non-printing features are available on your Epson Printer, try the following solutions-
- Restart your Printer
- Check your Paper Feeder
- Restart the Print Spooler Service
- Update your Printer Driver
- Clear Print Queue
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Restart your Printer
Let us start by restarting your Printer. This can sometimes remove the error automatically and can also get rid of any glitches that may cause this problem. To restart your Printer, follow the prescribed steps.
- Turn off your Printer.
- Unplug your printer from your computer and from the power supply.
- Wait for a minute as the capacitor discharges.
- Plug all the cables back and turn on the Printer.
Hopefully, this will do the job for you.
2] Check your Paper Feeder
You may also see the error code in question if there is a Paper stuck in the feeder. You should open your Printer roller from the back, then use a flashlight to check if there is any piece of paper stuck in the feeder. If there is a piece, remove it and put the roller back to its place. Now, try running using your Printer. If you are still seeing the error, restart your computer once. Hopefully, you won’t see the error message in question.
3] Restart the Print Spooler Service
If you still get the error, try restarting the Print Spooler Service and see if it helps. This can do the job for you if the issue is caused due to a glitch. To do the same, follow the prescribed steps.
- Open Services from the Start Menu.
- Look for Print Spooler Service.
- Right-click on it and select Properties.
- If the service is disabled, set to Automatic
- Click on the Start button.
- If it’s already running, first stop the service, then start it again.
Try printing using the Epson Printer to check if the issue persists.
4] Update your Printer Driver
Next up, let us try updating your Printer Driver. If the drivers are outdated, such error codes can pop up because of compatibility issues. To update the required drivers, use any of the following methods.
- Use any of the mentioned free driver update software
- Navigate to the manufacturer’s website and download the driver
- Update Printer Driver from the Device Manager.
After updating the driver, restart your computer once and try printing. Your issue should be resolved.
5] Clear Printer Queue
If, for some reason, your Printer has a queue lined up, chances are, you won’t be able to print anything. Therefore, we need to clear the queue and see if it helps. Follow the prescribed steps to do the same.
- First of all, stop the Print Spooler service, and check the third solution to know how to do the same.
- Now, open File Explorer and go to the following location.
- Then, delete all the content from the PRINTERS folder.
- Finally, start the Print Spooler service, restart your system and try printing.
Hopefully, this will do the job for you.
We hope you can resolve the issue using the solutions mentioned in this post.
What does it mean when my Epson Printer is in Error State?
Printer is in Error State is not exclusive to Epson Printer. It can happen because of various reasons. When your Printer driver is outdated, when the connection between your system and the Printer is perfect, or for some other reason, you can see the “Printer is in Error State” error code. Also, hardware-related factors such as jammed paper or closed cover, etc. can contribute to causing this problem. You can try to execute the solutions mentioned in this post. But we recommend you check our guide on fixing the Printer is in Error State issue.
How do I reset my Epson printer?
To reset your Epson Printer to factory settings, follow the prescribed steps.
- Shut down your Printer.
- Look for the Reset button, it’s usually located near the Ethernet port, and then press and hold onto it.
- Now, power on your Printer while holding the reset button.
A message saying that the Printer is resetting will appear. When the message, you can leave the button and your job will be done.