If your DTS Audio Processing settings are unavailable or not working on your Windows computer, here are some solutions to help you. DTS Audio Processing enhances your audio experience. With the help of this app, you can make small speakers sound better.
The complete error message is:
DTS audio processing settings are unavailable as audio service connection has lost.
DTS Audio Processing settings are unavailable or not working
If your DTS Audio Processing settings are unavailable or not working on your Windows computer, follow these fixes to resolve this issue.
- Run the Audio Troubleshooter
- Restart the DtsApo4Service
- Set your audio device as a default device
- Reinstall your audio driver
- Uninstall and reinstall the DTS Audio Processing driver
- Reinstall the DTS Audio Processing app
Before you proceed, restart your system and see if it helps.
1] Run the audio troubleshooter
Windows 11/10 has a built-in diagnostic program called Audio Troubleshooter that can identify and fix sound-related issues. Run the audio troubleshooter in the Get Help app and check whether it works.
2] Restart the DtsApo4Service
Some users have reported that they fixed this issue by restarting DtsApo4Service. Basically, DtsApo4Service is a Windows service that is associated with the DTS audio processing object. This service is part of the DTS Sound software, usually, this service is found on computers that have DTS audio technology installed. Check the following steps to restart the DtsApo4Service.
- Press the Windows + R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” and press Enter. This will open the Services Manager.
- Locate the “DtsApo4Service” in the list of services.
- Right-click on the service.
- Now, select “Restart“.
If your DtsApo4Service is not running, you can start it by right-clicking on it and selecting “Start.”
3] Set your audio device as a default device
Setting your audio device as the default device means that it will be the device that Windows uses to play all audio by default. One possible cause of this problem is your audio device is not set as the default device. You can check this in the sound settings. Open the Sound settings and see if your audio device is set as the default device or not. If not, set it as the default device.
4] Reinstall the audio driver
One possible cause of this problem is the outdated or corrupted audio driver. Make sure your audio driver is up to date and update it (if available). Uninstalling and reinstalling the audio driver can resolve this issue. Check the following steps.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand the drop-down arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on your audio driver, like Realtek Audio, Intel sound driver, AMD High Definition Audio Device, etc., and select Uninstall device.
- Now, restart your PC. After restarting, your audio driver will reinstall automatically.
If this does not work, you can install the latest version of the audio driver from the website of your computer manufacturer.
5] Uninstall and reinstall the DTS Audio Processing driver
You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the DTS Audio Processing and see if it works. Use the following instructions to uninstall the DTS Audio Processing driver.
- Open the Device Manager.
- Expand the drop-down Audio Processing Object (APOs).
- Right-click on DTS Audio Effects Component.
- Now, click on Uninstall device.
You can reinstall the DTS Audio Processing driver from the manufacturer’s website. Download the latest version of the DTS driver and install it manually. You have to enter your product model name on the manufacturer’s website to browse all drivers supported by your system. For example, the above screenshot shows the DTS driver for the ASUS laptop.
6] Reinstall the DTS Audio Processing app
If the issue still persists, uninstall the DTS Audio Processing app from your PC and then reinstall it. It could be a corrupted installation of the app causing this issue. Use the following steps to uninstall the DTS Audio Processing app.
- Press the Window + I to open the Settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Click on Installed apps.
- Locate the DTS Audio Processing.
- Click on three dots.
- Now, Click on Uninstall.
After uninstalling the app, restart your computer. Now, download the DTS Audio Processing app from the Microsoft Store:
- Open the Microsoft Store app.
- Search for “DTS Audio Processing.”
- Click on the “DTS Audio Processing” app tile.
- Click on the “Get” button.
- Once the download is complete, the app will be installed automatically.
I hope the above solutions help you to fix your issue.
What is the full form of DTS?
D.T.S. The full form is the Digital Theater System. It is a digital surround sound audio format used in movie theaters. DTS App is a software application that provides audio enhancement and processing capabilities to improve the sound quality of your system. It can be used to improve the sound quality of music, movies, games, and other audio content.
How to download DTS audio processing?
You can download the DTS Audio Processing app from the Microsoft Store. Open the Microsoft Store on your Windows 11/10 computer and search for the same to install the app.
Read Next: DTS:X Ultra not working on Windows.