Microsoft has been focusing on its Edge browser heavily. As a result, the Edge browser is getting newer features from time to time, such as Bing AI, Video background, etc. In this post, we will show you how to Disable or Enable Video background on Edge’s new Tab page on Windows 11.
What is the video background on Microsoft Edge’s new tab page?
Microsoft Edge displays a static background when you open a new tab. The new tab can contain multiple information like weather, news, etc. However, apart from a static image, you can now set a video background for your new tabs.
Before enabling background videos on the Edge browser, here are two settings you must be aware of – Energy Saver and Balanced.
- Energy Saver: This setting will stop the video playback after one playthrough; the videos will be played at 720p HD, and the autoplay feature will only work if the network connection is fast. Also, autoplay will only work if your device is plugged in.
- Balanced: This setting will make the video play continuously at HD or better quality. However, autoplay will only work if the device is plugged in.
So if you ever plan to disable video backgrounds on Edge, you can set it on Energy Savin mode only to save up on resources.
Disable or Enable Video background on Edge new Tab page
But by default, video backgrounds are not activated. So Edge browser will not disable videos on the New tab page’s background. However, turning the new feature on or off is super easy.
- Enable video background on Edge
- Disable video background on Edge
1] Enable video background on Edge
Anyway, here is how to enable video backgrounds on Edge:
- First, launch Microsoft Edge.
- Click on the Setting icon on the top-right and click on Edit Background.
- Now select any available videos to use as the background and click Apply.
- Also, scroll down and enable Change new background daily and Include video backgrounds in the daily rotation option.
- Finally, select a mode between Energy Saver and Balanced per your interest.
- Once done, you will see a new image or video daily on your Edge browser.
Read: How to customize Microsoft Edge New tab page
2] Disable video background on Edge
- First, launch Microsoft Edge.
- Locate the control icon at the bottom-left of the browser tab, and click the pause button.
- Then click on the editor icon next to it.
- Now select any of the available images to use as the background. You can also upload your image.
- Next, scroll down and enable the Change new background daily option. So you will get to see a new background image every day.
- Additionally, also disable Include video backgrounds in daily rotation. So you won’t see any video backgrounds.
So that was all for how to enable and disable video background on Edge’s new tab page. It is an excellent feature you can enable on your browser and see a new video background daily. But if you are concerned about the use of system resources, consider running it in energy saver mode or disabling the feature altogether.
Read: How to customize Microsoft Edge Browser in Windows 11
How do I change the background on my new tab in Microsoft Edge?
Click on the gear icon on a New Tab page, then select Edit background. It will open the configuration page for video and images. Here you can select from the available image or upload your image to be displayed as a background.
How do I disable Image Background types for the Edge New Tab page?
If you do not want any image background, you can disable it or replace it with a video. Click on the gear icon on a New Tab page, then select Edit background. Select None to turn off the background video and audio, or select a video.