If your Zoom camera is not working, this article may help you fix it. Some users have complained that their camera has stopped working on the Zoom app, whereas some users said that their camera shows a black screen while using the Zoom app. If the same thing is happening to you, you can try the solutions explained in this article in no particular order and see if they help.
Why is my camera not working with Zoom?
Your camera will not work with Zoom if you have denied access to it. In Windows 11/10, there is a feature that lets users select which apps can use the camera and which cannot. To fix this issue, check if you have granted camera access to Zoom. Another cause of this issue is outdated or corrupted camera drivers. In this article, we have explained the solutions to get rid of this problem.
Zoom camera is not working in Windows 11/10
The users whose camera is not working on Zoom can try the following solutions to get rid of the problem:
- Check whether you have allowed Zoom to access your camera
- Check if you have selected the right camera in Zoom
- Change the Video settings in Zoom
- Roll Back your camera driver
- Update or reinstall your camera driver
Let’s see these solutions in detail.
1] Check whether you have allowed Zoom to access your camera
Windows 11/10 operating systems have an option to block the camera access for selected apps. If you block the camera access for some particular apps, those apps will no longer be able to use your camera. Therefore, if your camera is not working on Zoom, first, you should check the camera access for the Zoom app.
The steps to check camera access for Zoom is different for both Windows 11 and Windows 10 computers. Below, we have explained the instructions for both Windows 11 and Windows 10 separately.
Windows 11 users have to follow the below-listed instructions:
- Right-click on the Start Menu and select Settings.
- Select Privacy & Security from the left side.
- Scroll down the Privacy & Security page till you find the App permissions section.
- Now click Camera and turn on the button next to Camera access (available on the top right side).
- Scroll down and turn on the toggle button next to the Zoom app. If the Zoom app is listed under the Let desktop apps access your camera section, turn on the toggle switch next to it (see the above screenshot).
If you are a Windows 10 user, follow the below-listed instructions:
- Open Settings and then select Privacy.
- Select the Camera category from the left side.
- Turn on the Allow apps to access your camera button. Scroll down and see if the Zoom Meetings app is listed there. If yes, turn on the button next to it.
- Now, scroll down and turn on the Allow desktop apps to access your camera button.
Now, check if you are able to use your camera.
2] Check if you have selected the right camera in Zoom
If you have connected an external webcam to your laptop, it should be selected in Zoom, otherwise, you will not be able to use your camera during Zoom meetings.
The following steps will help you with that:
- Launch the Zoom app and select Settings.
- Select the Video category from the left pane.
- Now, click on the Camera drop-down menu and select your external camera. After that, Zoom will turn on your camera to show you the preview.
If this does not work, try the next fixes.
3] Change the Video settings in Zoom
If despite allowing the Zoom app to access your camera, you are experiencing the issue, change the VIdeo settings in Zoom and see if it helps.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Zoom app.
- Click on the Settings icon on the top right side and select Video from the left pane.
- Now, click Advanced.
- Select Media Foundation in the Video Capturing Method.
- Close the Zoom app and launch it again.
Now, check if the issue is fixed.
3] Roll Back your camera driver
Some users have said that rolling back their camera drivers helped them fix the issue. You can also try this fix. See if the Roll Back driver option is available in the Device Manager. If yes, roll back your camera driver.
Follow the steps below:
- Launch the Run command box by pressing Win + R keys and type
devmgmt.msc. Click OK.
- In the Device Manager, expand the Cameras node.
- Right-click on your camera driver and select Properties.
- Select the Driver tab and see if the Roll Back button is clickable or not. If yes, click on it to Roll Back your driver.
If rolling back the driver does not fix your problem, update and reinstall your camera driver. We have explained this in the next solution.
Read: How to optimize Screen Sharing for a Video Clip in full screen in Zoom app.
4] Update or reinstall your camera driver
If the above solutions do not fix your issue, your camera driver may be corrupted. In such a case, updating or reinstalling your camera driver can fix the problem.
The following instructions will help you update your camera driver:
- Right-click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager.
- Expand the Cameras node.
- Right-click on your camera driver and select Update driver.
- Now, select the Search automatically for drivers option.
Wait till Windows install the latest version of the camera driver. After updating the driver check camera is working on Zoom or not.
If the issue still persists, we suggest you download the latest version of your camera driver from the manufacturer’s website and then install it on your system.
Read: Best Zoom Settings For Security and Privacy.
How do I enable my camera on Zoom?
You can enable your camera in Zoom by opening Zoom Settings. Click on your profile icon on the top right side and select Settings. Now, select the Video category from the left side. under the Camera section on the right side, click on the drop-down and select your webcam from the list.
Hope this helps.
Read next: Fix Zoom video filters not showing on PC.