While playing a game in Public Multiplayer Lobby on Xbox, crashes can occur because a new match begins the moment one match ends. The problem is mostly found to be associated with Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2. Here’s what you should do to fix the Activision Game crash for Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 on Xbox console or Windows PC.
Activision Game crash problem while playing Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 on Xbox
Games on Xbox can freeze or crash during gameplay for a variety of reasons. In most cases, this issue can be resolved by simply quitting the game and closing the application, and then restarting the game. Sometimes, you may need to reboot your console.
- Check for any Console update
- Check your game disc for abrasions, scratches
- Ensure your Xbox console is in a cool, well-ventilated place.
- Clear the cache on your Xbox.
Let’s cover the above methods in a bit more detail!
1] Check for Console update
The first course of action you should follow when a game crashes or freezes is to check if there’s any Console update available for your Xbox. For this,
- Press the Home button in the center of your controller.
- Then, navigate to Profile & system and choose Settings under it.
- Expand System entry to see if there’s any Console update available. Install it to avoid crashes.
2] Check your game disc for abrasions, scratches
For Xbox consoles supporting Blu-ray discs, check if your game disc has any abrasions, scratches, or dust settled on it. Clean the surface with a soft cotton cloth dampened with water. Wipe the non-label side from the center straight out to the edges. Make sure the disc is completely dry before inserting it back into your Xbox.
3] Ensure your Xbox console is in a cool, well-ventilated place
To minimize the risks of overheating and thus frequent crashing or freezing, make sure you place the console in a well-ventilated and relatively cool place. Keep it away from direct heat sources and leave the space around the console uncluttered.
4] Clear the cache on your Xbox
To avoid any unwanted interruptions during the gameplay, temporary files and data are often stored on your gaming console itself. However, this cached data might become corrupted and cause a number of issues related to connectivity, slow performance, unsuccessful game loads, or crashing. A good first step to resolving these issues is clearing the cache on your console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller and navigate to the Settings menu.
- Then, select Devices and Connections > Blu-Ray.
- Choose the Persistent Storage > Clear.
Note: When you choose to clear the console cache, all the temporary data is also removed from the cache. So, you’ll have to download a fresh set.
Game crash issues while playing Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 on Windows PC
If the error is occurring on your Windows PC then you need to take these steps:
- Ensure your PC or laptop meets the minimum system requirements
- Ensure your PC or laptop is in a cool, well-ventilated place.
- Shut down all applications that are running in the background.
- Update your graphics drivers. Make sure that you have the latest video and sound drivers from the manufacturers’ website.
How do I fix Dev error 6068?
Dev error 6068, an issue that causes hang and crashes on the GPU is mostly experienced during Campaign cutscenes. To fix it, try running VRAM under maximum and/or run the game with the default settings.
Why does my mic work in party chat but not game chat?
To fix this issue, go to the Party menu > Party Options then change It to game chat. Following this, you should be able to talk in-game chat mode. However, you won’t be able to talk in Party Chat mode until it is changed again.