When you try to connect to the Internet, the connection might fail when we run the Troubleshooter and you might get this error: The device or resource (DNS server) is not responding.
DNS Server is not responding
In such a scenario, there are few things you could try to resolve it.
1. First backup your Router settings and update the Firmware of your Router. Check the Router manual for more information
2. Next thing is to change the DNS server address manually.
- Go to Start and Click on Control Panel
- Open up Network and Internet and go to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click on Change adapter settings
- Now you’ll see the list of Network adapters select the Network adapter that your using and right click on it and go to properties
- Then Click on “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)”
- You’ll see the Internet Protocol Properties
- Select “Use the Following DNS server address:”
- Enter the Preferred DNS address: 220.127.116.11
- Enter the Alternative DNS address: 18.104.22.168
- Then select on Validate settings upon exit.
- Click OK, and then Close to finish.
3. Now you have to enter the same DNS address in Router configuration as well refer the router manual for more information.
4. Try to Install and Configure OpenDNS and see if that helps
5. Next step is entering the Physical address in the Network adapter setting
- Go to Start and type in CMD and Hit Enter
- In command prompt type in IPCONFIG /ALL
- Then look for your network adapter
- Then right down the Physical address according to this screenshot it’s 78-DD-08-F1-DF-B0
- Then go to Start and type in NCPA.CPL
- Then Right Click on your Network adapter and go to Properties
- Then select Configure
- Then Click on Advance Tab and select Network address
- Select the radial button Value
- Type in the physical address you wrote down before
- i.e. 78-DD-08-F1-DF-B0 (Remove the dashes when you type in i.e. 78DD08F1DFB0
- Then Click Ok and Reboot the System
6. Next step is to look up your Network adapter model and go to the manufactures website and find the appropriate drivers and update the Drivers and see if that resolves your issue.
7. Disable your Firewall settings completely and see if that blocks your connection.
It should help. It it doesn’t resolve your issue feel free to post in our forums someone should assist you in fixing it.