In this post, we are going to talk about what you can do if the Xbox app game installation gets stuck on Preparing 0%. Recently, many users have reported that while installing an app or game on the Xbox ecosystem, the installation gets stuck on Preparing 0%. And, the worst this is that this error isn’t app o game-specific, i.e. it’s happening with all the games or apps users are trying to install. So, if you are also struggling with the same problem, continue with the troubleshooting guide to fix the issue.
Xbox App Game Installation gets stuck on Preparing 0%
Here’s what to do if you face Xbox App game Installation Gets on Preparing 0% error.
- Download the Latest Windows Update
- Restart the Windows Installer Service
- Clear the Windows Store Cache
- Turn Off IPv6
- Turn Off EA Services
- Repair or Reset the Xbox App
Let’s check out all these solutions in detail.
1] Download the Latest Windows Update
The very first thing that you should do whenever you feel the mentioned issues is to check whether there is an available Windows update or not. If yes, download it right away to fix the problem. Here are the steps you need to follow to download the latest windows update.
- Open the Windows settings by pressing Windows + I shortcut.
- Click on the Windows Update option present on the left panel of the screen.
- Click on the Check for Update option.
Now Windows will check for any available update. If found, download it right away. Once the update and installation process is complete, restart your system and check if the problem is fixed or not.
2] Restart the Windows Installer Service
To install any app or game on Windows, you need to make sure that the Windows Installer Service is in ideal condition. However, if there is any problem with it, you will face problems during the installation process. Thankfully, you can restart the Windows Installer Service to fix the issue. To do so, follow the below steps.
- Press Windows + R shortcut key to open the Run dialogue box.
- In the search bar, type services.msc and press enter.
- Locate Windows Installer and right-click on it.
- Tap on the Start or Restart from the options that pop up.
That’s it. Now try to install the app or game on the Xbox app, and check if the problem is fixed or not.
3] Clear the Windows Store Cache
Like any other application, Windows Store keeps cache data to offer faster and smooth service. However, these data can get corrupted sometimes and cause the mentioned issue. In such a case, you will have to reset the Windows Store cache to get rid of the problem. You can clear the Windows Store cache using either of the below methods.
- Open command prompt in administrator mode > type WSReset.exe > press the enter key.
- Open the search bar > type and open wsreset.exe
The Windows Store cache data is now cleared. Try to install the app or game and check if the problem continues.
4] Turn Off IPv6
The IPv6 can be another reason you are struggling with the mentioned issue, especially if the problem originates while downloading or installing the app from Xbox. So, you can disable the IPv6 to fix the issue. To do so, follow the below steps.
- Open the start menu, type, and open View Network Connections.
- Right-click on the connected Network and choose Properties.
- Uncheck the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) option.
- Click on OK.
Now, restart your system and check if the Xbox app game installation gets stuck on preparing 0% problem is fixed or not.
5] Turn Off EA Services
The EA Play services running in the background is another reason why you are facing the mentioned problem. It interferes with the Xbox downloads and causes the problem. You will have to clear all the EA Play-related tasks from the Task Manager to fix the problem. To do so, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Click on the Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to open the task manager.
- Look for all the EA Play related tasks.
- Right-click on each one of them one by one, and choose End task.
That’s it. Check if the problem is fixed or not.
6] Repair the Xbox App
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds was helpful in solving the problem, the last thing you can try is to repair the Xbox app. There can be a temporary error that is causing the issue. And the best way to get rid of it is by repairing the Xbox app. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Navigate to Windows Settings > Apps > Apps & Features.
- Click on the three-dots present next to Xbox and choose the Advanced option.
- Tap on the Repair option. Choose repair again to the confirmation box.
If preparing the Xbox app fixes the problem, you are good to go. However, if the problem continues, you can’t do anything other than resetting the Xbox app. Tap on the Reset option present in the same window.
What is clearing cache on Xbox one?
Xbox One also stores the cache of games and apps to speed up processing. However, a huge amount of cache data can trigger different issues. Thus, clearing cache at regular intervals is important to prevent the system from slowing down.
Why is the Xbox app installer stuck?
There can be multiple reasons why the Xbox app installer is stuck. From misconfigured settings, IPv6, EA Play related tasks running in the background, to Windows Store cache, anything can be responsible for the problem.