- You are using anti-pop up software. Although most of us tend to configure the pop-up setting to not show any of it, there are some who download an anti-pop-up app that can interfere with your browser and cause the issue.
- If the browser that you are using is outdated, then also, you can see the error in question.
- It can also happen due to a corrupted cache or cookies.
We are going to talk about all of this in detail later in the article.
- Restart your computer
- Remove Anti-pop-up programs
- Clear Cache and Browsing data
- Update your Browser
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot
Let us talk about them in detail.
1] Restart your computer
Let us start with the most basic and obvious solutions of them all. The issue can be because of a glitch and restarting the system can easily fix it, also, you are restarting the browser as well, so, if there is a glitch in the browser, it will be resolved as well. Therefore, go ahead and restart your computer. Then open the Browser and see whether the issue is fixed or not.
2] Remove Anti-pop-up programs
If you have any anti-pop-up program then the first thing you need to do is either disable it or uninstall it. You can follow the given steps to uninstall any program in Windows 11/10.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Apps > Apps & Features.
- Look for the anti-pop-up program
- For Windows 11: Click on the three vertical dots and click Uninstall.
- For Windows 10: Select the program and click Uninstall.
After uninstalling, restart your computer and check if the issue persists.
- Open Edge.
- Click on the three horizontal dots and select Settings.
- Make sure that it is enabled.
- Open Chrome
- Go to its Settings.
Open Opera and go to the following location.
Hopefully, this will fix the issue for you.
4] Clear Cache and Browsing Data
5] Update your browser
You can also try updating your Browser as there are some sites that an outdated browser won’t support. So, update your browser to the latest version and check if the issue persists.
6] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot
The issue can also occur because of a third-party app conflicting with your browser. We have already talked about anti-pop-up software, but they are not the only apps that can interfere with your program. So, troubleshoot in Clean Boot to find out what’s causing the trouble. Then you can remove it and save the day.